Author Topic: Questions 500km service.  (Read 5199 times)

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 04:12:22 pm
    Yeah. I heard they used to call them Royal Oilfields.

jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

jdrouin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 09:44:53 pm
I'm at 600 miles now and did another oil change today. Swapped out all the washers and gaskets and so far it's oil tight.  ;)

I wanted to change the gear and clutch oil, since I forgot to do those at 300 miles, but couldn't get the gearbox drain bolt off. The only wrench which came with the bike that nominally fits it is too big, and with the brake pedal in the way I can't get at it with a ratchet. So I'm off to the hardware store for a more precise set of wrenches.

I do find it odd that a bike with metric bolts would come with English measured wrenches.

Jeff

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 12:56:09 am
I'm at 600 miles now and did another oil change today. Swapped out all the washers and gaskets and so far it's oil tight.  ;)

I wanted to change the gear and clutch oil, since I forgot to do those at 300 miles, but couldn't get the gearbox drain bolt off. The only wrench which came with the bike that nominally fits it is too big, and with the brake pedal in the way I can't get at it with a ratchet. So I'm off to the hardware store for a more precise set of wrenches.

I do find it odd that a bike with metric bolts would come with English measured wrenches.

Jeff

I used a 4" extension on my socket and had no trouble getting at the drain bolt even with the brake in place.  Was a bit tight but fit nicely. 

One of the things I love about my Enfield is it gives me a ready reason to add to my tool collection.
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *