Author Topic: Thieves  (Read 12568 times)

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 02:47:52 pm
This episode reminds me of a story told me by a very close friend many years ago.
His sister took a job in New York just before a garbage strike. Things were so bad the garbage was piled high in the streets, and of course stunk big time making everyone's lives miserable.
She and her roomie came up with a brilliant idea.
They gift-wrapped their garbage and left it in the car every night, one of the doors unlocked.
Next morning the "gifts" were gone.  ;)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 03:18:40 pm
This episode reminds me of a story told me by a very close friend many years ago.
His sister took a job in New York just before a garbage strike. Things were so bad the garbage was piled high in the streets, and of course stunk big time making everyone's lives miserable.
She and her roomie came up with a brilliant idea.
They gift-wrapped their garbage and left it in the car every night, one of the doors unlocked.
Next morning the "gifts" were gone.  ;)
   That's hilarious!!
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

johno

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 B5 on the original Portland Dorset UK
Reply #17 on: October 12, 2018, 08:07:22 am
Sorry to hear of your theft incident.
I never understand why some delinquents think it's ok to take stuff that not theirs whether it be something small or an entire bike/vehicle.

Any way, I use one of these
https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/dash-cams/ride-motorcycle-bikecam/
 I am quite lucky in having 4 Motrorcycles, this camera is quite streamlined and is easy to move from one bike to another, records for up to around 6 hours continuously (30 min battery life so needs a hard wire) and also is a dashcam so locks the recording in case of an accident. The wifi allows the footage to be downloaded onto a phone or an officer of the laws device as evidence!
Its so useful, and looks to be part of the furniture,I forget it's fitted and do exactly as you have done and leave it on the bike when parked.......
2012 B5 Bullet
 K&N, sport muffler, 18tooth fr sprocket, Avon style fairing, 1958 pattern British army haversacks. Mitas tyres DiD chain. Carberry plate.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #18 on: October 12, 2018, 02:03:14 pm
I'm all for cutting off the hands.
So flame me. >:(

I don't know if I'd go full-on Sharia Law mutilation, but a few pillories in the park might just slow down the light fingered...

As it happens, what took my '57 Zuendapp Bella scooter off the road, which ultimately led to its quarter century hibernation, was a pair of "ghettard" rocket scientists stealing it one July 4th as I was watching the fireworks near the Capitol. I got it back, but not before the Doofus Duo had taken a brick to the dash in a back alley to try to get it started--This display of engineering finesse was all witnessed by nearby residents.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 07:13:47 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: October 12, 2018, 02:14:28 pm
Twice during the past 5 years, I have had a black teenage boy come up to me and say: "Give me your motorcycle" (my Triumph Bonneville, not the RE). When I reply: "No, you will have to go buy your own. Would you like me to tell you where the closest dealer is located?"  Both times I received a strange puzzled look upon hearing my reply and then the boy walked away.  I found both experiences very strange and am still wondering what was going on.   ???
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: October 12, 2018, 02:21:40 pm
I agree....always someone out there looking for a free ride!

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: October 12, 2018, 03:04:34 pm
Twice during the past 5 years, I have had a black teenage boy come up to me and say: "Give me your motorcycle" (my Triumph Bonneville, not the RE). When I reply: "No, you will have to go buy your own. Would you like me to tell you where the closest dealer is located?"  Both times I received a strange puzzled look upon hearing my replya huge waste  and then the boy walked away.  I found both experiences very strange and am still wondering what was going on.   ???

Well, at very least there's a huge waste of oxygen going on. With a bit of luck, they'll pull that shit some fine day on some nervous concealed-carry type who'll just put a round in their brainpans, dislodging whatever dead insects are in there, and we'll all breathe just a little easier.

(with unintentional ungrammatical irony)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 06:53:45 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: October 12, 2018, 08:15:27 pm
Well, at very least there's a huge waste of oxygen going on. With a bit of luck, they'll pull that shit some fine day on some concealed-carry type who'll just put a round in their brainpans, dislodging whatever dead insects are in there, and we'll all breathe just a little easier.

I always carry when I ride, always have. .38 fits nicely.

heloego

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: October 13, 2018, 12:19:58 am
My  Ruger SR9c rest very comfortably in my tool box if I need to leave the bike for any reason. Otherwise it's holstered wherever I ride.  :)
'12 C5 Classic

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: October 13, 2018, 12:24:52 am
I should be ridd'in in the good old usa -and pack'in power ;)

heloego

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: October 13, 2018, 12:30:08 am
   Depends on the State you're in.   I keep my gun on my thigh so it's nice and visible and my Bill of Sale handy in case I get any flak from the justice minions in New Mexico, Arizona, or Colorado. No real worries yet, but I have been stopped by local police a couple times asking why I carry.
   I usually respond "This is Albuquerque. Why do you think I carry?". They just nod and send me on my way.  ;)
'12 C5 Classic

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: October 13, 2018, 12:42:20 am
I should be ridd'in in the good old usa -and pack'in power ;)
    I thought about installing a leather rifle scabbard on the right fork and riding with my double barrel 12, lol.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: October 15, 2018, 03:50:34 am
Hmmm...Beginning to see a trend here. But, I should probably leave the smoke wagon at home. I mean, do we really need  all those folks slumped over their steering wheels horn blaring 'cause they didn't signal that lane change while texting or were playing Katy Perry too loudly? I think not. Still, I am pretty sure that woodchuck out on Route 624 was looking at me funny...disrespecting me...making me feel unsafe. Maybe I should  pop a cap in his furry ass! Guess I'll just wait for the voices in my head to let me know what to do.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 04:02:53 am by Bilgemaster »

9fingers

• Grand Gearhead
  • From the New Hampshire part of New Jersey
Reply #28 on: November 17, 2018, 03:50:12 pm
Thining one of these might be perfect for you Bmadd...............
Just don't tell anyone I said so.
9fingers
Currently own:

2016 Classic Chrome Maroon
2020 Moto Guzzi V7III Special
V Strom 650 ABS Adventure
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL 250 TMI custom frame
Honda TL 125
Yamaha TY350

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #29 on: November 17, 2018, 04:07:07 pm
But there are
Well, at very least there's a huge waste of oxygen going on.

(with unintentional ungrammatical irony)

:) :) :) Exactly. Huge contraction error there. But they are so common now; why even comment. And Grocer's Apostrophes are ubiquitous.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 04:11:24 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.