Author Topic: WANTED: Rear Tail Light and Turn Signals  (Read 10466 times)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 08:11:49 pm
       I just realized sometime yesterday afternoon that I forgot to put the damn bolt in the box; the bolt that comes from behind, thru the fender and threads into the light housing. It's just the right length and threads. Let me know if you don't find something that works and I can mail it to you for practically nothing in one of those puffy enva lopes.

I don't find it in my parts book.

The package arrived...and a hell of package it was too. With near two decades of shipped eBay purchases under my belt, I have NEVER yet seen such competently-packaged items. Seriously dude, when it comes time to supply that first Mars mission with "notions", that Elon Musk guy needs to get you on board.

As for the lacking bolt you mention, I can't see how it could hurt to send it along too at your leisure.

A first looksee at the gear makes me optimistic that you may have squared the Bella away good and safe and proper for her second act under my care.

Communing with the spirits of the 6th North Carolina as I write this at Bristoe Station Memorial, I am now further confident that some token recompense in a currency they'd recognize should follow, as you've requested to help defray your postal costs...

« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 09:23:34 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 09:40:34 pm
The package arrived...and a hell of package it was too. With near two decades of shipped eBay purchases under my belt, I have NEVER yet seen such competently-packaged items. Seriously dude, when it comes time to supply that first Mars mission with "notions", that Elon Musk guy needs to get you on board.

As for the lacking bolt you mention, I can't see how it could hurt to send it along too at your leisure.

A first looksee at the gear makes me optimistic that you may have squared the Bella away good and safe and proper for her second act under my care.

Good. The post still works.

My mom showed me how to pack and wrap XMas presents a godawful number of years ago.

Bolt will follow soon. You Need that bolt.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 09:57:21 pm

Bolt will follow soon. You Need that bolt.

Ohlord :( I spoke too soon. Shoulda checked before I spoke.

The bolt I caught out of the corner (is it corner or side?) of my eye in the box of parts turns out to be the bolt that held the OEM air filter on inside the right hand sidecase.

Tim at Ft W could tell you the size, I'll bet.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #18 on: October 24, 2018, 12:21:55 pm

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: October 24, 2018, 04:38:28 pm
        Good. The post still works.

My mom showed me how to pack and wrap XMas presents a godawful number of years ago.

[snip!...]

Well, then it all makes sense. I mean, a package back in the salad days of your youth would HAVE to be sturdy and well padded what with them pitching it way up onto the roof of that stagecoach and then down again, right? Plus it would need to be pretty well sealed and stout, not only against the wild prairie  elements and Indian raids, but also to keep the horses from trying to get at the delicious packing straw inside once they got a whiff of it whilst it lay there waiting to be loaded. Mindful of this, I'm also very grateful for that lovely and thoughtful stem of flowering horse-bane you also laid atop the contents.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 10:05:53 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: November 02, 2018, 07:47:07 pm
Bilgemeister:

Transaction complete. Envelope arrived today in the pouring rain.

PS: Were you in the USCG by any chance?

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: November 05, 2018, 03:56:38 am
Bilgemeister:

Transaction complete. Envelope arrived today in the pouring rain.

PS: Were you in the USCG by any chance?

No. Not exactly...