Author Topic: Now I have lost all electrics  (Read 4408 times)

9fingers

• Grand Gearhead
  • From the New Hampshire part of New Jersey
Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 01:28:29 pm
I highly recommend removing the battery cover and pulling the battery outward to check the brass negative terminal that attaches to the back terminal of the battery. This is a fast and easy check. My terminal sheared right along a sharp bend line leaving me first with only lights then no power at all, same as you. Note the attached image.  Both of the contacts should look identical.  This area of the bike is prone to high frequency vibration. I opted to upgrade both terminals with heavy duty brass lugs which I crimped and soldered in place.  A bit of work but I've had no problems since.  Good luck.  Regards,  Kevin Daly

DOH! Smack me in the head! This is EXACTLY  what happened to me...........I must be a pigheaded moron. Now that I have admitted that, I feel better. Next time I have a bike issue I am sending you a note. Thanks MadBullets,
9fingers
Currently own:

2016 Classic Chrome Maroon
2020 Moto Guzzi V7III Special
V Strom 650 ABS Adventure
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL 250 TMI custom frame
Honda TL 125
Yamaha TY350

Mad4Bullets

• Grease Monkey
  • 2014 Classic 500
Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 05:57:22 pm
You're not a pigheaded moron at all 9fingers.  There's a great deal of information posted on these forums, both technical and social and sometimes you miss a post or two.  It just happens.  The main thing is you've found the source of your problem and you can put it behind you.  And the best part is that somewhere down the road you'll help another owner resolve the same problem.  We just keep paying it forward.  Have a great week.  Regards,  Kevin Daly