Author Topic: Redditch red  (Read 14171 times)

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 01:09:43 am
wildbill --two items of unneeded advice: (1) don't slow down; and (2) don't look back.  You are an inspiration and aspiration to all UCE owners (Iron Heads are a different species). :)
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 12:13:39 am
now some have questioned why I buy all these bikes and one suggested why not rent? so here's why. I have a certain amount of cash to get rid off. that will not be going to children or grandchildren...

If that's the case, would you consider making a modest donation to my Distinguished Gentleman's Ride fundraising effort? Mens health is important to us and donations over $2.00 are tax deductible.

Tally Ho!
https://www.gentlemansride.com/rider/gizzo
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: September 24, 2018, 01:23:48 am
sure...will do!

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 04:41:55 am
Thank you  8)
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: September 30, 2018, 08:45:48 am
well ive now had the bike for a week and what may surprise some ive actually ridden in 1300 klm  ;D so I think I've got a good idea on this bike. in fact I've ridden this machine farthing in a week or the combo of my past 3 bikes...LOL
still running it in standard form and over-all apart from one major annoyance its not a bad bike at all....so whats this problem?
it doesn't like bumps in the road. on a good run like today- I did roughly 150 miles I spent most of the time gripping the bars tightly to save being tossed off. on bigger bumps I had to get of the seat. did this occur a few times on the trip or just once. I would say several hundred times...LOL
rear shocks moved to the lowest setting...still no better. my bet its front fork oil related....not enough or too much. previous three bikes ran the same road well and drama free.
so I figure its this. the useless prick in India who put in the fork oil did not do his job properly. makes you wonder really. I've had 13 or 14 enfields if you count the one I re-purchased. there has been 2 really good ones out of them and the other with problems. now really its pretty bad when your employees can't do a simple job adding the correct oil. then you take into account this C5 model has been virtually unchanged for 8 years.....AND THEY STILL CAN"T GET IT RIGHT!
I am thinking now do I really want the hassles of a 650 and waste another $10,000 on fixing up a lemon.
now you might say they are cheap bikes and you get what you pay for...sorry not the case. they are expensive bits of rubbish!
look at that pegusus - worst vibration bit of junk I've purchased..well followed close by the dispatch.
so $10,000 and neither any good or you swing to jap crap honda rally-$8000 Kawasaki versys $7000 honda cb500x $7000 yes I had all 3 in the past year and I could say all were cheaper and far superior to an enfield...just didn't look period style...LOL
it doesn't matter to me what rubbish they sell to the locals BUT I think once you deal with other countries that CEO should have a broomstick shoved up his AS/ for allowing such junk out of the county.
I watch video where they say how proud they are of their product. rubbish its junk and I bet they own and drive something else. they are there just to line their pockets and they don't give a stuff about quality.
if I could buy a period type bike like this for under $20k from a well branded supplier- i'd pay the price for a top quality bike.
now for those who are reading and say nothing wrong with mine...goodluck to you. as mentioned previously ive had heaps of them and a lemon is not always yellow ;)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: September 30, 2018, 01:48:21 pm
But how do you really like your new Royal Enfield, Bill?   ;) 

Regarding your suspension compliance, it sounds just like the computer-controlled, "semi-active", very expensive ($3,000 USD for a replacement rear shock) suspension of my 2016 BMW R1200RS. Going over every little bump caused the bike to bounce around and be knocked off a smooth line when cornering. However, I stuck with that expensive bike and eventually around 18,000 miles the suspension finally started to loosen up a bit and now it is pretty decent. (Still not a good as the suspension of my 2002 Yamaha FZ1, though.)  So Bill, maybe if you stick with your new Redditch Red the suspension will loosen up a bit after 10 or 20K miles, or so.  Either that or your body will loosen up and you won't notice rough roads anymore.    :o

Anyway, I be looking forward to hear what you decide to purchase next.   ;D
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

bonkers

• Scooter
Reply #21 on: September 30, 2018, 02:56:47 pm
As I said before, it seems to me Bill is just addicted to breaking in. All the people who buy from him will be gratefull  :D :D :D :D
Before;
Triumph T120- Norton Commando 5x
Triton T150V tripple- BMW R80
BMW R100RS- BMW R100S
BMW R80 G/S- BMW R80 GS
BMW R100 GS- BMW R80 GS Basic
BMW R100 CS- BMW R80 ST
BMW R NineT- Buell S2
Moto Guzzi V7 Sport- Moto Guzzi Le Mans 1 Ice Blue
Current;
Stealth Black C5 RE- BMW R100 Monolever 7 rock

Warwick

• Grease Monkey
Reply #22 on: October 01, 2018, 12:12:41 am
Maybe give a triumph a go; or a car. 8)
cheers and beers
Warwick
2007 Bullet, 1999 Lightning, 2010 Honda VFR1200f, 2019 Interceptor, 2007 Kwaka GPX250R

Cat3625

• Scooter
  • My need for speed
Reply #23 on: October 01, 2018, 02:33:09 pm
1st post on this forum,had the same problem with my Military c5,was like riding a jelly on the front end.(no oil in one fork and very little in the other)
You shouldn't have to do this with a brand new bike,but,
Drop the forks out and refill with correct grade and quantity,it will transform the front end.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 02:39:22 pm by Cat3625 »
1966 Continental 250 GT
2001 Bullet 500 k/s
2002 Bullet 350 Trials
2008 Bullet 500 Classic electric start
2016 C5 Military 500 efi
2019 Interceptor 650
U.K.🇬🇧

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #24 on: October 01, 2018, 03:07:42 pm
First verify problem, then fix it. ;)
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: October 01, 2018, 04:29:48 pm
Okay, I tried to keep my mouth shut about this; "It's none of my business" I said. But Fu** it, here we go.... What group of verified Twat Mongers run's that dealership you've been buying from?! Do they not take bikes on a test ride to verify they are safe for transportation? Is there in house techs a group of drooling Mongoloids too busy rolling their own feces into gum drops all day to GAF? Most importantly, WTF do you keep dealing with these Drongos?/ Why are you not knee deep in the owner's Arse, wearing him like a boot?! Take it back to them, Demand they make it right and raise some hell with Royal Enfield. WildBill, I like you. You're a great guy I'm sure. But with all due respect to you Sir, What the hell are you doing?? 
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #26 on: October 01, 2018, 11:26:19 pm
If they're anything like the Enfield dealers in South Australia, they actually know fuck all about the bike and couldn't care less about anything other than taking the money. And probably hoping the bike gets the new owner far enough that they can't get back to bother them. I also think it's funny how proud the manufacturer is of their product despite the many flaws and poor product.  But that's Indians for you.
Good luck with this one, bill. Really get it back to the shop and have them make it good. It'll be a good lesson for them and informative for the rest of us.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: October 02, 2018, 01:51:52 am
   Oh... leave old wildbill alone .   A guy could have worse habits then excessive Enfield buying ya know !?    A little nuts maybe ?  ;)  But he don't drink, he don't smoke,  he's good father, takes care of his family, ain't a womanizer,  he's worked all his life, might like to shoot himself a rabbit now and then ?  So what !  And  he is getting up there in years like most of us here...  YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH YOUR MONEY WILDBILL !   You earned it , and you can't take it with you !   ;)

My oldest son just got his licence this year, and he has been riding around on a  Honda Respol cbr250r ... Nice bike ?    ::) ;D   .   So I took him over to a deserted commercial street.... long and straight , and about a quarter mile long I guess ?   It was after dark.    I said " alright , get off that thing and get on this Enfield hot rod ".     Oh no dad ... I might drop it , and you would KILL me !    You put so much work into it !  Hahaha !  "Oh shut up and get on !"   Hahaha !   Well after about 5 or 6 passes up and down that street, the boy was loving it.   Going a weeee bit over the speed limit too .  ::)   WOW !  He say's ...  How come you don't have to open the throttle so much to go fast?!   Sooo smooth !  I did't even realize how fast I was going !   I said "  SMOOTH.....  ENFIELD ?!"   Hahaha !   Well... I guess so compared to that buzz box you've been riding ?     
 i'm just use to it.

So now, he has gotta have one... but is too young and impatient to wait for his old man to make him a cafe racer.  So he gets the idea of buying a GT , and just let me do the motor work to save some time.   Alright I say, that's fine.... we'll go look.  I took him up to a dealer that had a couple of leftover GT's.  And man oh man.... were these guys clueless about Enfields.   I haven't' really been in a Enfield dealer to talk to the staff seriously, since I bought my bike back in 09".   I watched three guys  ridiculously trying to start the bikes... killing the half dead battery's from sitting on the dealer floor for god knows how long ?  ... Flooding the damn things as well.  I patiently and politely tried to interject  , but was assured by them they knew what they are doing . ::)    " oh no sir.... you HAVE to hold the throttle all the way open, pull on this lever thing and hit the starter all at the same time  !    ::)  Hahahaha !!  ROASTING the battery and the starter all at the same time.   Hahaha !  This went on for quite a few minutes mind you.  They finally managed to get one started and said "see ! "      Hahaha !    I said thanks, mind if it try ?  One kick got one going and the other took two.  WOW ! ... we could never get those to kick start !  One guy said .    These are the people selling Enfields I thought ?!   RENA is doomed !  Talked for a few to the salesman... deal was fair for the most part?   But I grabbed my son and said lets go. And left outta there disgusted.    Maybe we'll find you a good used one....

An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #28 on: October 02, 2018, 02:56:49 am
GHG -- that's a wonderful story!  Between Bilgemaster and you we have some Campfire Talk masters in this forum.

I took a quick look at eBay (over-priced), Cycle Trader (some good choices at $3,800 with an OBO or two), and David Blasco's site.  There's a CL 2017 BRG (I'm partial to that color, Red and Yellow are LE bait and Black is for the 500s) 593 miles $4,200 OBO for wedding expenses in Milan, MI that I'm sure would go for 10% less minimum.  I agree with getting him a Continental -- I would have but I don't bend that way anymore.  Please make sure he's ATGATT.  And post pictures.
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #29 on: October 02, 2018, 05:04:01 am
Wildbill, I dare you to go to your Suzuki dealer and take a test ride on a S40 boulevard,  previously known as the LS650 Savage. It's available new but practically unchanged from the 1980's original other than a 5 speed box instead of 4. I had one for ages. Great character.there's vibration but the engine has a balance shaft so it's not obnoxious. The cruiser styling is a bit meh but so easy to customise. Anyway, don't buy one but go snag a test ride. It'll be fun.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E