aboard

Author Topic: Redditch red  (Read 976 times)

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • Live slow, die whenever
Reply #30 on: October 01, 2018, 11:07:31 pm
Great story, GHG!
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
Monster
DR250
TRX850
DRZ400SM

Bmadd34

• Grease Monkey
Reply #31 on: October 02, 2018, 04:14:48 am
  I took him up to a dealer that had a couple of leftover GT's.  And man oh man.... were these guys clueless about Enfields.   I haven't' really been in a Enfield dealer to talk to the staff seriously, since I bought my bike back in 09".   I watched three guys  ridiculously trying to start the bikes... killing the half dead battery's from sitting on the dealer floor for god knows how long ?  ... Flooding the damn things as well.  I patiently and politely tried to interject  , but was assured by them they knew what they are doing . ::)    " oh no sir.... you HAVE to hold the throttle all the way open, pull on this lever thing and hit the starter all at the same time  !    ::)  Hahahaha !!  ROASTING the battery and the starter all at the same time.   Hahaha !  This went on for quite a few minutes mind you.  They finally managed to get one started and said "see ! "      Hahaha !    I said thanks, mind if it try ?  One kick got one going and the other took two.  WOW ! ... we could never get those to kick start !  One guy said .    These are the people selling Enfields I thought ?!   RENA is doomed !  Talked for a few to the salesman... deal was fair for the most part?   But I grabbed my son and said lets go. And left outta there disgusted.    Maybe we'll find you a good used one....

Hey GHG, mind sending me a PM with the name of the dealership please, Sir?
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

heloego

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: October 02, 2018, 07:16:40 am
How about Dealer Reviews. A video is worth a MILLION words. ;)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: October 02, 2018, 07:13:35 pm
GHG -- that's a wonderful story!  Between Bilgemaster and you we have some Campfire Talk masters in this forum.

I took a quick look at eBay (over-priced), Cycle Trader (some good choices at $3,800 with an OBO or two), and David Blasco's site.  There's a CL 2017 BRG (I'm partial to that color, Red and Yellow are LE bait and Black is for the 500s) 593 miles $4,200 OBO for wedding expenses in Milan, MI that I'm sure would go for 10% less minimum.  I agree with getting him a Continental -- I would have but I don't bend that way anymore.  Please make sure he's ATGATT.  And post pictures.

Oh .. I'm with ya Bert .  You must mean IRISH racing green !?   ;)   And I agree the red and yellow don't work for me .  Too... I don't know ?    Ronald MacDonald marketing type colors ?   But hey ... it ain't gonna be MY bike, and people have different tastes.   Especially the young.  And they seem to be all about the gear, which IS good !   Two of my sons that ride... yes both this year.... wear ALL  that stuff.   EXCEPT ! .. I gotta break them of that bad habit of wearing SHORTS in the Summer when on the bike! >:(    Wait... your wearing a full face helmet ?  Padded mesh jacket ? Star wars , hard knuckle .. knuckle dragging cloves ?   And your wearing SHORTS !?  :o ::) 

Thanks for the heads up and reminder about those sites .  Looks like I will be hooking up the trailer and taking a long ride this weekend  to pick up a IRG colored bike ... with a checkerboard down the middle ?... of the tank?.... that looks curiously like MY bike ?!   :o    Proud of that boy !!   I... was NO influence what so ever in his choice mind you ! ;D
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: October 03, 2018, 07:55:02 am
Gashousegorilla, don't forget the designer tennis-style shoes.  Gotta wear those with your shorts.   ::)
2011 Royal Enfield B5 500, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph Bonneville T-100, 2002 Yamaha FZ1