Author Topic: Redditch red  (Read 14559 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
on: September 20, 2018, 06:59:04 am
rather than have no bikes at all I decided today to buy a new reddith 500 in red. although I once had the gt in red -it didn't appear any faster so here's hoping. head off to pick it up tomorrow. its a new 017 euro 3 model but my experience with the euro4's - no better...lol so off I go to try aqgain...episode 13..lol

wfrpalm

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 02:59:43 pm
That's a nice looking bike.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 07:35:02 pm
You won't like it.

Like all of the other Royal Enfield singles, it will vibrate and it won't have any real power.

I'm rather surprised you haven't figured that out by now.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 10:03:53 pm
I am surprised that his wife hasn't killed him yet for buying a new RE every few months.   ::)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 12:22:26 am
i haven't even collected it and I don't even know how long it will last...look i'm even smiling about the idea!

Warwick

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 01:04:35 am
Nice Colour! The simple colours have a great look!I am just wondering why you keep buying essentially the same bike? Regardless of small progressive changes there is really little difference.
Enjoy it though. I wouldn't mind a fuel injected model as its cruise speed is a bit higher than my iron belly and it still has the vibes that make these long stroke bikes so much fun.
cheers heaps
Warwick
2007 Bullet, 1999 Lightning, 2010 Honda VFR1200f, 2019 Interceptor, 2007 Kwaka GPX250R

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 02:08:26 am
I'm not seeing anything Redditch about it?

What is the Redditch part about?
Home of the Fireball 535 !

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 10:06:15 am
heres an extract from royal enfield Australia. what I can say though. it is a very nice looking gloss black and red paint scene. after todays pickup I am impressed with its looks.

It is perhaps this reason why the Classic has since gone on to become one of the most loved motorcycles from Royal Enfield. Today the new Redditch Edition plays special tribute to the paint schemes of the motorcycles produced at Redditch from the 50s with 3 colourways; Redditch Red, Redditch Green and Redditch Blue. Piping on the seats and a distinctive Redditch monogram seen first on a 125cc in 1939 also give way to the early styling of Royal Enfield motorcycles.

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 10:08:10 am
The Redditch factory painted some bikes Red once...
oh and er Green and Blue as well
Never underestimate the value of improved combustion efficiency and reducing parasitic engine and rolling chassis losses.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 02:03:09 pm
The Redditch factory painted some bikes Red once...
oh and er Green and Blue as well

And black?   ::)

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 03:12:36 pm
One basic EFI model, 36 different paint jobs = 36 "new" models.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 05:49:11 pm

And black?   ::)

They're using Redditch Black on the mudguards, they just haven't organised the press release yet.
Never underestimate the value of improved combustion efficiency and reducing parasitic engine and rolling chassis losses.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 10:36:05 pm
I got the Madras Maroon edition! Lol!  ;D 8) Could be the next thing!
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 11:46:39 pm
Nah, maroon doesn't work. Oh, wait a minute...

At least the frame on this one really is from Redditch.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: September 22, 2018, 12:52:04 am
here's new bike 13 or 14 if you count one I sold and re-bought....lol now some have questioned why I buy all these bikes and one suggested why not rent? so here's why. I have a certain amount of cash to get rid off. that will not be going to children or grandchildren...its mine and they can earn their friggin own. no-one gave me handouts and I did pretty well......I think its called work...lol so I do get a bit of fun buying these bikes and its far cheaper than cars. plus I buy other stuff too...lol but I think any-one who looks long term at looking after their kids with large amougst of cash are fools. mind you I am not talking about major assets here the hourse etc.it doesn't matter who you are -if you get something for nothing...you don't appreciate it im a perfect example you may be happy with your one and only enfield and I commend you for that. I wish I could too but I know if something goes wrong I will cash and buy another. its a fact and there is nothing I can do about it. plus you might think its fun being about to do it...well its not as you are never happy! anyway heres today purchase

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 01:09:43 am
wildbill --two items of unneeded advice: (1) don't slow down; and (2) don't look back.  You are an inspiration and aspiration to all UCE owners (Iron Heads are a different species). :)
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 12:13:39 am
now some have questioned why I buy all these bikes and one suggested why not rent? so here's why. I have a certain amount of cash to get rid off. that will not be going to children or grandchildren...

If that's the case, would you consider making a modest donation to my Distinguished Gentleman's Ride fundraising effort? Mens health is important to us and donations over $2.00 are tax deductible.

Tally Ho!
https://www.gentlemansride.com/rider/gizzo
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: September 24, 2018, 01:23:48 am
sure...will do!

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 04:41:55 am
Thank you  8)
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: September 30, 2018, 08:45:48 am
well ive now had the bike for a week and what may surprise some ive actually ridden in 1300 klm  ;D so I think I've got a good idea on this bike. in fact I've ridden this machine farthing in a week or the combo of my past 3 bikes...LOL
still running it in standard form and over-all apart from one major annoyance its not a bad bike at all....so whats this problem?
it doesn't like bumps in the road. on a good run like today- I did roughly 150 miles I spent most of the time gripping the bars tightly to save being tossed off. on bigger bumps I had to get of the seat. did this occur a few times on the trip or just once. I would say several hundred times...LOL
rear shocks moved to the lowest setting...still no better. my bet its front fork oil related....not enough or too much. previous three bikes ran the same road well and drama free.
so I figure its this. the useless prick in India who put in the fork oil did not do his job properly. makes you wonder really. I've had 13 or 14 enfields if you count the one I re-purchased. there has been 2 really good ones out of them and the other with problems. now really its pretty bad when your employees can't do a simple job adding the correct oil. then you take into account this C5 model has been virtually unchanged for 8 years.....AND THEY STILL CAN"T GET IT RIGHT!
I am thinking now do I really want the hassles of a 650 and waste another $10,000 on fixing up a lemon.
now you might say they are cheap bikes and you get what you pay for...sorry not the case. they are expensive bits of rubbish!
look at that pegusus - worst vibration bit of junk I've purchased..well followed close by the dispatch.
so $10,000 and neither any good or you swing to jap crap honda rally-$8000 Kawasaki versys $7000 honda cb500x $7000 yes I had all 3 in the past year and I could say all were cheaper and far superior to an enfield...just didn't look period style...LOL
it doesn't matter to me what rubbish they sell to the locals BUT I think once you deal with other countries that CEO should have a broomstick shoved up his AS/ for allowing such junk out of the county.
I watch video where they say how proud they are of their product. rubbish its junk and I bet they own and drive something else. they are there just to line their pockets and they don't give a stuff about quality.
if I could buy a period type bike like this for under $20k from a well branded supplier- i'd pay the price for a top quality bike.
now for those who are reading and say nothing wrong with mine...goodluck to you. as mentioned previously ive had heaps of them and a lemon is not always yellow ;)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: September 30, 2018, 01:48:21 pm
But how do you really like your new Royal Enfield, Bill?   ;) 

Regarding your suspension compliance, it sounds just like the computer-controlled, "semi-active", very expensive ($3,000 USD for a replacement rear shock) suspension of my 2016 BMW R1200RS. Going over every little bump caused the bike to bounce around and be knocked off a smooth line when cornering. However, I stuck with that expensive bike and eventually around 18,000 miles the suspension finally started to loosen up a bit and now it is pretty decent. (Still not a good as the suspension of my 2002 Yamaha FZ1, though.)  So Bill, maybe if you stick with your new Redditch Red the suspension will loosen up a bit after 10 or 20K miles, or so.  Either that or your body will loosen up and you won't notice rough roads anymore.    :o

Anyway, I be looking forward to hear what you decide to purchase next.   ;D

bonkers

• Scooter
Reply #21 on: September 30, 2018, 02:56:47 pm
As I said before, it seems to me Bill is just addicted to breaking in. All the people who buy from him will be gratefull  :D :D :D :D
Before;
Triumph T120- Norton Commando 5x
Triton T150V tripple- BMW R80
BMW R100RS- BMW R100S
BMW R80 G/S- BMW R80 GS
BMW R100 GS- BMW R80 GS Basic
BMW R100 CS- BMW R80 ST
BMW R NineT- Buell S2
Moto Guzzi V7 Sport- Moto Guzzi Le Mans 1 Ice Blue
Current;
Stealth Black C5 RE- BMW R100 Monolever 7 rock

Warwick

• Grease Monkey
Reply #22 on: October 01, 2018, 12:12:41 am
Maybe give a triumph a go; or a car. 8)
cheers and beers
Warwick
2007 Bullet, 1999 Lightning, 2010 Honda VFR1200f, 2019 Interceptor, 2007 Kwaka GPX250R

Cat3625

• Scooter
  • My need for speed
Reply #23 on: October 01, 2018, 02:33:09 pm
1st post on this forum,had the same problem with my Military c5,was like riding a jelly on the front end.(no oil in one fork and very little in the other)
You shouldn't have to do this with a brand new bike,but,
Drop the forks out and refill with correct grade and quantity,it will transform the front end.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 02:39:22 pm by Cat3625 »
1966 Continental 250 GT
2001 Bullet 500 k/s
2002 Bullet 350 Trials
2008 Bullet 500 Classic electric start
2016 C5 Military 500 efi
2019 Interceptor 650
U.K.🇬🇧

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: October 01, 2018, 03:07:42 pm
First verify problem, then fix it. ;)

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: October 01, 2018, 04:29:48 pm
Okay, I tried to keep my mouth shut about this; "It's none of my business" I said. But Fu** it, here we go.... What group of verified Twat Mongers run's that dealership you've been buying from?! Do they not take bikes on a test ride to verify they are safe for transportation? Is there in house techs a group of drooling Mongoloids too busy rolling their own feces into gum drops all day to GAF? Most importantly, WTF do you keep dealing with these Drongos?/ Why are you not knee deep in the owner's Arse, wearing him like a boot?! Take it back to them, Demand they make it right and raise some hell with Royal Enfield. WildBill, I like you. You're a great guy I'm sure. But with all due respect to you Sir, What the hell are you doing?? 
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #26 on: October 01, 2018, 11:26:19 pm
If they're anything like the Enfield dealers in South Australia, they actually know fuck all about the bike and couldn't care less about anything other than taking the money. And probably hoping the bike gets the new owner far enough that they can't get back to bother them. I also think it's funny how proud the manufacturer is of their product despite the many flaws and poor product.  But that's Indians for you.
Good luck with this one, bill. Really get it back to the shop and have them make it good. It'll be a good lesson for them and informative for the rest of us.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: October 02, 2018, 01:51:52 am
   Oh... leave old wildbill alone .   A guy could have worse habits then excessive Enfield buying ya know !?    A little nuts maybe ?  ;)  But he don't drink, he don't smoke,  he's good father, takes care of his family, ain't a womanizer,  he's worked all his life, might like to shoot himself a rabbit now and then ?  So what !  And  he is getting up there in years like most of us here...  YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH YOUR MONEY WILDBILL !   You earned it , and you can't take it with you !   ;)

My oldest son just got his licence this year, and he has been riding around on a  Honda Respol cbr250r ... Nice bike ?    ::) ;D   .   So I took him over to a deserted commercial street.... long and straight , and about a quarter mile long I guess ?   It was after dark.    I said " alright , get off that thing and get on this Enfield hot rod ".     Oh no dad ... I might drop it , and you would KILL me !    You put so much work into it !  Hahaha !  "Oh shut up and get on !"   Hahaha !   Well after about 5 or 6 passes up and down that street, the boy was loving it.   Going a weeee bit over the speed limit too .  ::)   WOW !  He say's ...  How come you don't have to open the throttle so much to go fast?!   Sooo smooth !  I did't even realize how fast I was going !   I said "  SMOOTH.....  ENFIELD ?!"   Hahaha !   Well... I guess so compared to that buzz box you've been riding ?     
 i'm just use to it.

So now, he has gotta have one... but is too young and impatient to wait for his old man to make him a cafe racer.  So he gets the idea of buying a GT , and just let me do the motor work to save some time.   Alright I say, that's fine.... we'll go look.  I took him up to a dealer that had a couple of leftover GT's.  And man oh man.... were these guys clueless about Enfields.   I haven't' really been in a Enfield dealer to talk to the staff seriously, since I bought my bike back in 09".   I watched three guys  ridiculously trying to start the bikes... killing the half dead battery's from sitting on the dealer floor for god knows how long ?  ... Flooding the damn things as well.  I patiently and politely tried to interject  , but was assured by them they knew what they are doing . ::)    " oh no sir.... you HAVE to hold the throttle all the way open, pull on this lever thing and hit the starter all at the same time  !    ::)  Hahahaha !!  ROASTING the battery and the starter all at the same time.   Hahaha !  This went on for quite a few minutes mind you.  They finally managed to get one started and said "see ! "      Hahaha !    I said thanks, mind if it try ?  One kick got one going and the other took two.  WOW ! ... we could never get those to kick start !  One guy said .    These are the people selling Enfields I thought ?!   RENA is doomed !  Talked for a few to the salesman... deal was fair for the most part?   But I grabbed my son and said lets go. And left outta there disgusted.    Maybe we'll find you a good used one....

An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #28 on: October 02, 2018, 02:56:49 am
GHG -- that's a wonderful story!  Between Bilgemaster and you we have some Campfire Talk masters in this forum.

I took a quick look at eBay (over-priced), Cycle Trader (some good choices at $3,800 with an OBO or two), and David Blasco's site.  There's a CL 2017 BRG (I'm partial to that color, Red and Yellow are LE bait and Black is for the 500s) 593 miles $4,200 OBO for wedding expenses in Milan, MI that I'm sure would go for 10% less minimum.  I agree with getting him a Continental -- I would have but I don't bend that way anymore.  Please make sure he's ATGATT.  And post pictures.
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #29 on: October 02, 2018, 05:04:01 am
Wildbill, I dare you to go to your Suzuki dealer and take a test ride on a S40 boulevard,  previously known as the LS650 Savage. It's available new but practically unchanged from the 1980's original other than a 5 speed box instead of 4. I had one for ages. Great character.there's vibration but the engine has a balance shaft so it's not obnoxious. The cruiser styling is a bit meh but so easy to customise. Anyway, don't buy one but go snag a test ride. It'll be fun.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #30 on: October 02, 2018, 05:07:31 am
Great story, GHG!
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: October 02, 2018, 10:14:48 am
  I took him up to a dealer that had a couple of leftover GT's.  And man oh man.... were these guys clueless about Enfields.   I haven't' really been in a Enfield dealer to talk to the staff seriously, since I bought my bike back in 09".   I watched three guys  ridiculously trying to start the bikes... killing the half dead battery's from sitting on the dealer floor for god knows how long ?  ... Flooding the damn things as well.  I patiently and politely tried to interject  , but was assured by them they knew what they are doing . ::)    " oh no sir.... you HAVE to hold the throttle all the way open, pull on this lever thing and hit the starter all at the same time  !    ::)  Hahahaha !!  ROASTING the battery and the starter all at the same time.   Hahaha !  This went on for quite a few minutes mind you.  They finally managed to get one started and said "see ! "      Hahaha !    I said thanks, mind if it try ?  One kick got one going and the other took two.  WOW ! ... we could never get those to kick start !  One guy said .    These are the people selling Enfields I thought ?!   RENA is doomed !  Talked for a few to the salesman... deal was fair for the most part?   But I grabbed my son and said lets go. And left outta there disgusted.    Maybe we'll find you a good used one....

Hey GHG, mind sending me a PM with the name of the dealership please, Sir?
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #32 on: October 02, 2018, 01:16:40 pm
How about Dealer Reviews. A video is worth a MILLION words. ;)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: October 03, 2018, 01:13:35 am
GHG -- that's a wonderful story!  Between Bilgemaster and you we have some Campfire Talk masters in this forum.

I took a quick look at eBay (over-priced), Cycle Trader (some good choices at $3,800 with an OBO or two), and David Blasco's site.  There's a CL 2017 BRG (I'm partial to that color, Red and Yellow are LE bait and Black is for the 500s) 593 miles $4,200 OBO for wedding expenses in Milan, MI that I'm sure would go for 10% less minimum.  I agree with getting him a Continental -- I would have but I don't bend that way anymore.  Please make sure he's ATGATT.  And post pictures.

Oh .. I'm with ya Bert .  You must mean IRISH racing green !?   ;)   And I agree the red and yellow don't work for me .  Too... I don't know ?    Ronald MacDonald marketing type colors ?   But hey ... it ain't gonna be MY bike, and people have different tastes.   Especially the young.  And they seem to be all about the gear, which IS good !   Two of my sons that ride... yes both this year.... wear ALL  that stuff.   EXCEPT ! .. I gotta break them of that bad habit of wearing SHORTS in the Summer when on the bike! >:(    Wait... your wearing a full face helmet ?  Padded mesh jacket ? Star wars , hard knuckle .. knuckle dragging cloves ?   And your wearing SHORTS !?  :o ::) 

Thanks for the heads up and reminder about those sites .  Looks like I will be hooking up the trailer and taking a long ride this weekend  to pick up a IRG colored bike ... with a checkerboard down the middle ?... of the tank?.... that looks curiously like MY bike ?!   :o    Proud of that boy !!   I... was NO influence what so ever in his choice mind you ! ;D
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: October 03, 2018, 01:55:02 pm
Gashousegorilla, don't forget the designer tennis-style shoes.  Gotta wear those with your shorts.   ::)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: November 19, 2018, 04:49:52 am
been a bit quiet with nothing to ride and waiting it out for the interceptor SO yesterday I started look'in about and came across this bike
a one owner from new 2017 Yamaha xt250 with just 140 miles or 235 klm on the clock. never seen a dirt road and has been garaged from new.
thought to myself - I just gotta buy this bike just to see if its any good or not...LOL
as expected perfectly unmarked condition ...not sure if I will ride it but the thought is there

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: November 19, 2018, 04:52:10 am
dash layout

9fingers

• Grand Gearhead
  • From the New Hampshire part of New Jersey
Reply #37 on: November 19, 2018, 04:52:48 pm
Red and black bikes are almost always the fastest, except with my Honda TL250 trials bike, but yours will go like stink, no doubt. Enjoy it for a few weeks, or maybe a bit longer.
9fingers
Currently own:

2016 Classic Chrome Maroon
2020 Moto Guzzi V7III Special
V Strom 650 ABS Adventure
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL 250 TMI custom frame
Honda TL 125
Yamaha TY350

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #38 on: November 19, 2018, 05:36:26 pm
That's a pretty ride, Wildbill. You just keep on doing whatever the hell you want with your hard-earned money. If nothing else, you're providing a valuable service to lovers of the breed down there by competently breaking in that host of UCEs that's passed through your hands.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: November 19, 2018, 10:54:16 pm
well its suppose to be duel sport so I might ride it to the goldfields...lol

9fingers

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: November 20, 2018, 02:41:22 am
Pretty nice looking bike for what it is. Probably fun. Good luck.
Currently own:

Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL 125
Yamaha TY350

Warwick

• Grease Monkey
Reply #41 on: November 20, 2018, 10:19:39 pm
Ride it like you stole it. Its a trail bike that is made to trash.
cheers
Warwick

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #42 on: November 21, 2018, 12:10:57 am
well its suppose to be duel sport so I might ride it to the goldfields...lol

May you have to kick this rock out of the dirt for a flat spot to lay out your tent...

So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Roshiba777

• Grease Monkey
Reply #43 on: November 21, 2018, 04:57:42 pm
Nice Looking Bike
Royal Enfield CI 500 (2000)
Royal Enfield STD UCE 500 (2010)
Royal Enfield Classic 500 (2011)
Royal Enfield Classic Chrome 500 (2011)
Yamaha RD350 (1988)
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 (2019)

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #44 on: November 21, 2018, 11:25:32 pm
Do you happen to live in Victoria ?

If so you could actually get a batch of old Connies and Interceptors and Meteors and maybe a manx or goldie for variety and register them all on cheap Club permits for not much more in total than registering a normal bike and rotate them.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #45 on: November 22, 2018, 05:34:17 am
Nice bike. We have one like it at home but it's ancient now. My little one rides it with the rear suspension cramped down with a tie-down strap.  You'll be tired of it long before it gives any grief. Enjoy.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #46 on: November 23, 2018, 12:51:33 am
the deal was good so I really had no choice but buy it. he paid $6600 for it new less than a year ago.it has only 230 klm on the clock. he wanted $5000 for it
to cut a long story short I got it for $4000 which I thought was a pretty good deal
as of yet I have not rode it but it starts fine and still under new bike warranty....lol
the 650 is still according to the dealer dec/jan away so its either this or nothing!

9fingers

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #47 on: November 28, 2018, 10:20:41 pm
Great deal Wildbill! Have you seen a 650 yet, in person? I will sit on them on Saturday, at the NYC bike show.
9fingers
Currently own:

Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL 125
Yamaha TY350

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #48 on: November 28, 2018, 10:42:05 pm
plenty of videos on the tube but never the actual bike

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #49 on: November 29, 2018, 12:06:27 am
I am hanging out for Bill to buy-test-report-sell ???? as here in Western Australia W.A means Wait Awhile???? probably the very last to stock Grrrrr
Battery cover fell off yesterday - only doing 40kmh so not too bad.
2020 RE 650 GT (Mr Clean)
2014 C5
56 MGA
58 Healey 3000 (Resto in Progress)
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid
Tipo 184 Kit ordered & awaiting delivery for build👍

9fingers

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #50 on: November 29, 2018, 01:10:46 pm
I am hanging out for Bill to buy-test-report-sell ???? as here in Western Australia W.A means Wait Awhile???? probably the very last to stock Grrrrr
Battery cover fell off yesterday - only doing 40kmh so not too bad.

The plastic clip broke?
Currently own:

Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL 125
Yamaha TY350

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #51 on: November 29, 2018, 01:26:18 pm
NO - operator error ???? tight Fitting Motobat, didn't fasten lock properly, not fully home, even noticed that top / tongue looked wrong but rushing a little! which then coSt me 10mins retrieve & refit, and touch-up later, couldhave been MUCH worse ????
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #52 on: November 30, 2018, 10:44:55 pm
dealer now thinks delivery dates in aust for the 650's could be jan/feb

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #53 on: December 01, 2018, 12:06:06 am
20-20????
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #54 on: December 01, 2018, 12:33:54 am
well after that I thought I may have 3 long months wait so why not roll the dice...LOl
so yesterday I placed a deposit on a new Rolex watch which like the bike could be here next month or next year....lOL

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #55 on: December 01, 2018, 01:19:40 pm
Good move(ment) ???? seriously thoughI bought myself one in 86 as my 1st treat after going into business (freelance commercial photographer) and still going strong.
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #56 on: December 01, 2018, 01:37:01 pm
This could explain the delay;

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/auto/two-wheelers-three-wheelers/royal-enfield-announces-end-of-worker-strike/articleshow/66607305.cms

Another article mentions a bonus that was due to them since 2015 which had been unpaid.  After the strike started, RE paid the bonus to non-striking employees!

Now they are behind 28,000 motorcycles.

johno

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 B5 on the original Portland Dorset UK
Reply #57 on: December 01, 2018, 03:17:41 pm
They have also redesigned the headstock so the handlebars are further towards the rider and give more adjustment.
already built bikes are being addressed before world wide release....
2012 B5 Bullet
 K&N, sport muffler, 18tooth fr sprocket, Avon style fairing, 1958 pattern British army haversacks. Mitas tyres DiD chain. Carberry plate.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #58 on: December 02, 2018, 01:00:32 am
over the past few years ive had quite a few Rolexes but never the olex or fake model ...lol although most people think your wearing fake anyway ;D or in my case...lol
anyway back to that interceptor......that first release model may just be a lemon...lol so could be a bigger gamble than the watch

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #59 on: December 02, 2018, 01:53:07 am
Used to fly U.K (home then) to H.K every year to bu my new cameras & constanthawkingof fakes- justheld wrist up and they thought I had fake purchase allready ????
2014 C5
56 MGA
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid