Author Topic: What problems were sorted after the '14 model?  (Read 3182 times)

adamGT

• Scooter
on: August 01, 2018, 05:18:06 am
People on the forum talk about the "usual problems that 2014 model had". What were they? I have a '14 and Ive only had a blown fuel pump relay and a turn signal fuse.

Anyone else wanna talk about their '14?

Good Vibes

• Good Vibes
  • Scooter
  • 50 years of Motorcycling and still love it
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 05:39:05 am
My 2014 bike had ragged running that I remedied in two ways.  Firstly I had the Keihin ECU remapped by Royal Enfield in Chennai India via my New Zealand agent that made a big difference, and secondly, I removed a significant kink in the fuel hose by fitting a coil spring over the fuel line to prevent the obvious kinking.

The result is smooth running, no idle stalling, and dynamic take off on opening the throttle.  My bike still runs beautifully over 4 years later.

All the best
Ralph from New Zealand

GT Continental 535
RE Bullet Classic 500
Honda Dream 200 twin
Matchless 500 single
Norton ES2 500 single
Yamaha YDS3 250 twin
Matchless G9 500 twin
BSA C11 250

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 10:49:34 am
Fuckin hell where do I start? Loose bolts. Cross threaded bolts.  Stall at idle.  Plug lead fall apart.  Oil leaks at brand new.  Brake caliper rubbing on disc.  Headstem bearings loosening themselves.  Wiring faults.  Kinked fuel hose. I should have kept a log because I've forgotten so many issue now. All these things, could mostly sort them myself and it hasn't left me stranded yet.  And I still love it. 
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 12:23:12 am
Impossible kink in the fuel line from the tank to the throttle body. Several brass Ts later I sent the line straight back, turned 90 degrees, repeat, then into the throttle body. Bending always kinked the line and stopped the fuel flow.
  Power Commander V, Carpy header, HD XL mod muffler, DynaTek coil, zero resistance spark cable and cap, ND iridium plug, ACE/Derottone air box conversion.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Low and slow

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 07:33:32 am
Bit like my ex wife, looked great just the rest of the package didn't function so well.

From Victoria Australia
Honda cbr 600rr Repsol Edition
Moto Guzzi V7
Excelsior Universal 1947
KTM RC8
Aprilia Shiver 750
Suzuki Boulavard M109R
Royal Enfield Continental GT 535

KD5ITM

• Financial Problem Solver - Life Insurance, Mortgage Protection, Retirement Protection
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 03:41:33 am
My 2014 didn't have the kinked fuel line hose. But it did have a decent number of bolts that were not torqued from the factory. I obtained a torque spec sheet and went Bumper to Bumper making sure everything was torqued to spec before I start riding. My bike has go through phases where it will stall on idle for a while and then go a good while without stalling and then go to another while we're It Won't Stop on idle. About two months ago I added 12% fuel from 750 RPMs up to about 1500 RPMs at 0% throttle and 2% throttle on the stock Power Commander V map. Since then my idling has not stalled nor has it stalled when accelerating from a stop light. I've swapped the stock spark plug with the NGK plug. I've also got the stage 1 Performance Kit, the Power Commander, K&N air filter and free flow Muffler and header from Hitchcock's.

Other than the stalling issue, I haven't had much problems that most people have had with their 2014.
2014 Continental GT 535
1979 Hurst/Olds W-30 “R” code
1967 Oldsmobile 442 W-30
1964 Volvo B18 544 Sport
1961 Willys Jeep Wagon