Author Topic: Royal Enfield product reviews  (Read 76752 times)

Dalmatian man

• Bulleteer
Reply #180 on: February 27, 2019, 08:02:51 pm
Good review,  what's the cost, don't know if this is available in UK
33cc cyclemaster
James Cadet
James Comodore
Honda C50
Suzuki Gn250
BMW 650
Honda Hornet 600
BMW R1100RS
Royal Enfield C5 2014
BMW G310R

9fingers

• Grand Gearhead
  • From the New Hampshire part of New Jersey
Reply #181 on: February 27, 2019, 09:53:49 pm
Good video Brad! I filled out the online quote request and someone from the company CALLED me within an hour to discuss. Basically for our bikes, it is around $215 plus shipping, and that includes them removing the chrome plating on the header and silencer. Shipping for me is probably around $45 each way, so not really a cheap option but it sure looks good. What I want to know is, had the decreased head temp resulted in increased performance? Do you feel the improvement?
Also, is that the stock header on your bike? I have the lightweight and much larger internal diameter Hitchcocks unit so I suspect my temp drop would be much less than yours. Considering getting it done since we appear to have a few more weeks of winter up here in NJ.
9fingers
Currently own:

2016 Classic Chrome Maroon
2020 Moto Guzzi V7III Special
V Strom 650 ABS Adventure
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL 250 TMI custom frame
Honda TL 125
Yamaha TY350

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #182 on: February 28, 2019, 02:09:43 am
Good video Brad! I filled out the online quote request and someone from the company CALLED me within an hour to discuss. Basically for our bikes, it is around $215 plus shipping, and that includes them removing the chrome plating on the header and silencer. Shipping for me is probably around $45 each way, so not really a cheap option but it sure looks good. What I want to know is, had the decreased head temp resulted in increased performance? Do you feel the improvement?
Also, is that the stock header on your bike? I have the lightweight and much larger internal diameter Hitchcocks unit so I suspect my temp drop would be much less than yours. Considering getting it done since we appear to have a few more weeks of winter up here in NJ.
9fingers

That sounds about right for the price. I would ask to deal with LON, he is a great Guy to deal with in the Management. If you use this link http://sh2028.ositracker.com/coupons/index/oid:119140_7304 you will save $40. The header on my C5 IS the stock header with the inner core, so I'm not 100% sure of the temp. differences, but I CAN say that the difference in performance CAN be felt at the rear wheel. I mean, that is a drastic drop in engine temps overall and that is always a welcome thing in these engines. This is probably one of the (If not THE) biggest improvements I've done so far. 100% suggest this process to any motorcycle owner period.
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #183 on: March 05, 2019, 11:23:20 am
With a name like ButtBuffer, can it really be a good product? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHMvZ7fYHZw

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #184 on: March 13, 2019, 06:38:10 pm
I put Big Wipes to the test. How did they score? Well, if you do your own maintenance and you are tired of scrubbing the grit, grime and grease, check this out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWCSpmKpzCE

Boxerman

• Grease Monkey
  • Lancashire UK
Reply #185 on: March 13, 2019, 07:08:25 pm
After watching your review, I looked for a seller in the UK. I can get these from Amazon and a couple of other places but they seem to have quite a few different types.
Do you have the product number for the ones you were testing please?

Frank

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #186 on: March 13, 2019, 08:40:41 pm
After watching your review, I looked for a seller in the UK. I can get these from Amazon and a couple of other places but they seem to have quite a few different types.
Do you have the product number for the ones you were testing please?

Frank

Sure Frank, the part number is BGW2420. These are amazing and what's more, they are 99% antibacterial.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #187 on: March 13, 2019, 09:45:28 pm
I have been using a very similar product for years.  It is called Gojo scrubbing wipes.  I think I bought the can at Home Depot.  The wipes really work well to cut through grease, chain oil, dirt and everything icky that has ever accumulated on my motorcycles. It cleans hands and will also remove paint from many other surfaces, but fortunately not swing arms.  I really like that they have not dried out like other types of wipes after 5 years of occasional use while being stored on my garage workbench.  I bet you can find Gojo wipes at most paint or large hardware stores.
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Boxerman

• Grease Monkey
  • Lancashire UK
Reply #188 on: March 14, 2019, 08:05:54 am
    Sure Frank, the part number is BGW2420. These are amazing and what's more, they are 99% antibacterial.
Thanks! I know which ones to look for now.

EDIT. Ordered!
Frank
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 08:32:34 am by Boxerman »

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #189 on: March 20, 2019, 01:54:34 pm
To find a product in this category, for this price and for this kind of quality?? It can't be real.... Oh, but it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPkhe9RunVY

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #190 on: March 28, 2019, 09:43:45 am
Ever heard of Western Powersports? Sure you have. You just may not know it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AanbLoczMU4

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #191 on: March 31, 2019, 04:04:40 am
Alright Guys, I just got home from Evolution Ink in Fayetteville NC.

Relic

• Scooter
Reply #192 on: March 31, 2019, 07:16:16 am
Wow that's the real deal. I think you've taken commitment to the brand to another level. Respect.
2021 Classic 500

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #193 on: March 31, 2019, 12:30:23 pm
Wow that's the real deal. I think you've taken commitment to the brand to another level. Respect.

Thank you. I am super passionate about Royal Enfield, They make a quality motorcycle that defies both time and mainstream influence. I will always choose to ride an Enfield over any other.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #194 on: April 01, 2019, 12:12:32 am
    Thank you. I am super passionate about Royal Enfield, They make a quality motorcycle that defies both time and mainstream influence. I will always choose to ride an Enfield over any other.

Huh.  You didn't go for this one:

Sorry, couldn't help myself!  ;)