Author Topic: Royal Enfield product reviews  (Read 75650 times)

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #165 on: February 01, 2019, 07:40:19 pm
This tank bag actually works great on the C5 and doesn't block the fuel cap https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wwWgaAps8c
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 08:19:56 pm by Bmadd34 »
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #166 on: February 02, 2019, 04:14:36 am
BMadd, I just purchased a pair of the Leather Native bags based on your review. I thought you would want to know. Thanks! Next is a rear luggage rack in chrome and some sort of bag to ride on it. Suggestions welcomed.
9fingers

They may have done away with their traditional lifetime no questions asked replacement warranty last year, but for flexibility and ruggedness it's hard to beat any L.L. Bean nylon backpack that might strike your fancy. There's always plenty of good used ones on eBay or craigslist. I keep a medium-sized one stowed in my "Miiltary's" righthand metal pannier that I've had since maybe the late '80s or early '90s. It's been pretty much indestructible, and not only keeps those bottled or canned beverages well cushioned and fairly cool in the pannier (though I also have a little zip-up soft cooler bag big enough for four cans and a little Sponge Bob freezer brick atop them in the other pannier), but I can also break out the backpack whenever I suddenly feel the need to haul a 14 pound frozen turkey or whatnot homeward, either bungeed onto the rack or as, you know, just as a backpack (though I tend to avoid backpacking on the bike whenever possible except for shortish runs for safety's sake). Still, it gives one that extra bit of portage flexibilityfor those times when you just gotta buy that Party Size bag of Cheetoz as well as the other humdrum necessaries the wife asked you to get, and many even have reflective stripes--a plus for better visibility after the sun goes down.

By the way, if you've also got those metal "army-style panniers" here's a tip: Next time your wife buys a set of queen-sized sheets and pillowcases, grab that clear zippered rectangular plastic packaging they typically come in nowadays. It's an absolutely perfectly tailored fit length and width-wise for those panniers, and will keep whatever's inside absolutely dry and tidy. Never mind "water resistant"...They are "monsoon proof". Meanwhile one of those bright yellow Ikea shopping bags will help keep your sleeping bag nice and dry, and also be nicely visible while doing so.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #167 on: February 06, 2019, 10:33:20 am
This is the upgraded battery for Royal Enfield from Yuasa Batteries. Faster cranking and stronger fuel pump. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8jd_ys3DoM

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #168 on: February 13, 2019, 06:07:08 pm
Let's take a look into the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). How, Why and what does it do? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKARvj9gQRs

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #169 on: February 14, 2019, 01:06:16 pm
Well done!

Good of you to describe and specify the Torx bit size. Your video is a good prep for the job, and your explanation will certainly be helpful to the uninitiated.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 03:40:12 pm by heloego »
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #170 on: February 14, 2019, 05:25:39 pm
Well done!

Good of you to describe and specify the Torx bit size. Your video is a good prep for the job, and your explanation will certainly be helpful to the uninitiated.

Thank you. I tried to make it as simple to follow as possible, as not everyone has mechanical experience. I plan to do more easy to follow tutorials in the future.

Dalmatian man

• Bulleteer
Reply #171 on: February 15, 2019, 05:42:43 pm
I watched your video on tps settings  with horror, while it showed how to set the base setting correctly, your test leads filled me with dread.
Using a length of wire wrapped around anyl old pin,only needed pin or wire to touch frame and you could finish up with a blown ecu.
Back probe pins that you can connect to multi meter leads are readily available and cheap.
Don't think I am being critical, and keep up the reviews.
33cc cyclemaster
James Cadet
James Comodore
Honda C50
Suzuki Gn250
BMW 650
Honda Hornet 600
BMW R1100RS
Royal Enfield C5 2014
BMW G310R

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #172 on: February 20, 2019, 10:24:21 am
Let's take a look at the new Haynes manual for the Royal Enfield UCE bikes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BEcS_isqos

Dalmatian man

• Bulleteer
Reply #173 on: February 20, 2019, 07:27:43 pm
Good review of what is now a must for efi owners.
33cc cyclemaster
James Cadet
James Comodore
Honda C50
Suzuki Gn250
BMW 650
Honda Hornet 600
BMW R1100RS
Royal Enfield C5 2014
BMW G310R

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #174 on: February 21, 2019, 12:53:19 am
Good review of what is now a must for efi owners.

Thank you

hpwaco

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #175 on: February 21, 2019, 02:12:44 am
RE Nelson Rigg tank bag.   Kind of small.  Like look, etc, but would prefer the zipper the other way round so it opens from back.  Rain cover and expansion are great!

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #176 on: February 21, 2019, 03:09:55 am
Good review.Still waiting for mine to arrive.  :)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

cwmoss

• Scooter
Reply #177 on: February 23, 2019, 06:03:22 pm
Got me one coming. Thanks for the review.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #178 on: February 23, 2019, 06:55:50 pm
RE Nelson Rigg tank bag.   Kind of small.  Like look, etc, but would prefer the zipper the other way round so it opens from back.  Rain cover and expansion are great!

I'll go along with that, but I can live with the zipper as is. Still a great value.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #179 on: February 27, 2019, 10:45:57 am
I'm sure you Guys have heard about Ceramic Coatings on exhaust headers, but do they really work? Let's find out, shall we? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC_LQa9a7yQ