Author Topic: Jetting Q's on the Micarb  (Read 6488 times)

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #15 on: September 16, 2018, 09:31:36 pm
I have seen those advertised ludicrously cheaply and wondered how well they'd work. Did you have the right jets out of the box, or did you have to find a Keihin spares dealer?

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

finbullet

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: September 17, 2018, 12:45:14 pm
The carb came with 3 main jets, 2 pilot jets and 2 needles. All that was needed to get the carb dialed in.

blasphemous

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 04:08:06 am
If you can't get the micarb dialed in, and you don't want to buy an expensive carb there's the option of a chinese PWK copy. I have one in my bullet and it works great (just 35$ from aliexpress). Just get the one that uses those hex headed jets. The one I ordered they promised AAA quality and it proved right.

At this point its purely for the challenge and the learning it comes with. I would say the bike runs to about 75% satisfaction right now, but still curious.

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 03:11:06 pm
 Not lack of knowledge Blasphemus, more a case of memory loss  ;D. I had my 03' dialed in pretty good but it still wasn't what i wanted and had planned to do a PWK or somesuch, had i not sold it. The old geezers here are correct i do believe. You will be much happier with an alternative carby.
 Roverman.

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: September 19, 2018, 07:27:07 pm
Here's my jetting attempt - the lower blue AFR trace is almost a straight line and just kisses the dotted red (MAX power) line at WOT - only took me six weeks and more money for jets and slides than the original carb itself cost - but it did run quite well afterwards and was a lot of fun doing it. Learn't a lot, forgotten nearly all of it.

blasphemous

• Bulleteer
Reply #20 on: September 23, 2018, 11:01:19 pm
Here's my jetting attempt - the lower blue AFR trace is almost a straight line and just kisses the dotted red (MAX power) line at WOT - only took me six weeks and more money for jets and slides than the original carb itself cost - but it did run quite well afterwards and was a lot of fun doing it. Learn't a lot, forgotten nearly all of it.

Sir, you are on a whole different level above me. I am working my way up there ;) with all you gentlemen's help.