Author Topic: PC-V Tuning Question for Gas House Gorilla  (Read 5463 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: September 09, 2018, 03:00:24 pm
At the end of the day, I decided to continue modifying the Vance & Hines Slashcuts maps because they ran the best initially.  and, because I know Dyno Jet builds these maps on the dyno.  Thus, it was easy to determine where the power curve was, and attempted to keep that same curve, but with my own personal touches.  Here's the comparison of the original map Slashcuts map I downloaded, and custom map 15 that I am currently running.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: September 09, 2018, 08:43:17 pm
 NICE Scottie !   Looks like that bike was running pig rich up there in the stratosphere.  Your making better power and using less fuel doing it.   Yeah.. well worth it to put it on a dyno after your done tweaking and getting it as good as you can by feel .   Even just to do some pulls on the bike , with it warmed up.  That will save you that ridiculous seven or eight hundred buck tuning charge .. That  IS CRAZY BTW !?   Then they can print you out at fuel graph, and it will show you where you are at AFR wise.
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: September 10, 2018, 01:41:12 pm
Thanks for your help GHG!  Yeah, actual dyno tuning out here is ridiculous because there are only like 2 shops in town that do it.  I know there is a guy/shop that has a bike dyno on a trailer that they haul around to shows and meets and charge people like $30 a pull.  I wonder if I couldn't track that guy down and maybe give him a $100 to use his dyno for an hour or something.  Only problem is I don't think he has a sniffer.  And I looked into A/FR gauges and are a bit more expensive than I was anticipating.  Cheapest I could find was $170.  So, that is going to be a distant future purchase.  Would rather get paint and body done first.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: September 12, 2018, 01:23:53 am
   I'm glad you got it Scottie. ;)   And I hear ya.  It sounds like you are there or damn close with the tune anyway.   

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: September 29, 2018, 02:23:26 pm
Just created a new map for the colder fall weather.  She has a slight hesitation off of idle so fattened her a few clicks there and generally across the board.  Haven't uploaded it yet.  Will try to do that after work.  Also, check out my last post in "What Did You Do To Your Non-Enfield Motorcycle Today" over in the Campfire section of the forum.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: September 29, 2018, 07:19:23 pm
 NICE !!     Ain't it great and easy tuning with EFI once you get your head around it Scottie ?   Good stuff man.   Be nice to have map switch now, and flip between those maps when you want to......  Single pole switch , should be cheap and easy.   

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: October 01, 2018, 02:13:43 pm
Yes it is!  I love it!  Been a busy weekend so still haven't uploaded the new map, but going to try and get that done today.  And I think DynoJet may offer a map switch.  If not, I wonder if I could make a map switch from a 2018 KTM?

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #22 on: October 01, 2018, 04:12:13 pm
Per GHG and PCV Install Guide, this switch available from local auto parts store and connected to Input 1 and Gnd will work.  Or did I misunderstand your question?
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: October 02, 2018, 12:44:43 am
  Yup... per Dynojet , all you need is a simple single pole switch just like that.    Or you can buy their fancy schmancie one  for more money ?

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: October 04, 2018, 02:23:45 pm
Oh boy!  I'm really getting the feel for this now electronic tuning now!

I uploaded the new map after work last night in the parking lot at work while the lead tech was finishing up an accessory install job.  Also noticed I was only hitting 92% throttle, so readjusted the cables and now getting 98% throttle.  Never have hit 100%   ???  Also had to readjust the idle after adjusting the cables and new map upload.

I took I-25 home and was eager to see what she was going to do while waiting in traffic at the trafficator light at the end of the ramp.  (I don't know about other big cities, but here there are stoplights at the END of Interstate entrance ramps to "regulate traffic" during rush hours)  Finally got to the light and when it turned green I hammered on it and spun the tire right off the line and was doing 80mph by the time the entrance ended and had to merge!  Also, no more super nasty backfires on decel, just a real nice gurgle-pop-pop-gurgle-gurgle with some occasional pretty flames.

All in all, bike is running fantastic at the moment.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #25 on: October 04, 2018, 06:13:41 pm
Holy Smokes, Batman!Glad to hear you're getting the hang of things and getting the results you're looking for!  8)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: October 05, 2018, 12:33:44 am
  Nice !