Author Topic: Peggy is.......Going on a rabbit hunt!  (Read 13529 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: September 03, 2018, 10:29:56 pm
well in a hunting story I would call the live photos...the money shot!...LOL

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: September 15, 2018, 02:39:08 pm
actually found it pretty rough going on the Pegasus in the local paddocks but some-one has to do it...LOL

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 01:05:37 am
She'll never line the shot up bracing against that mirror if the engine is running...  ;)

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 01:37:11 am
Now, THOSE are rabbits! 

Looks like several good meals hanging there.

We have Jack rabbits that are about that size but their so tough, without par-boiling them for more than a few hours, eating them burns off more calories from chewing than they give you.

About the only way to really cook them right is to throw them into a crock-pot and let them simmer for 8 or more hours.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 07:47:55 pm
actually found it pretty rough going on the Pegasus in the local paddocks but some-one has to do it...LOL

I LOVE that girl  :) :) and all the others like her.

To hell with Kalifornya; shoot them wabbits  ;) :o 8)

Be vewwy vewwy kwiyet :-[
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: September 17, 2018, 01:47:33 am
here's another photo. note how the earthy tones of the countryside blend nicely with the bike.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #21 on: September 17, 2018, 11:10:01 am
There's a bike in that photo?

Blairio

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 07:16:16 pm
Jesus Christ, a thread on a motorcycle forum extolling the virtues of shooting animals for fun. How did any of you think this was acceptable, other than in your own sick minds? Hang your heads in shame.

Signing off.

Blairio.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: September 18, 2018, 09:46:35 pm
Jesus Christ, a thread on a motorcycle forum extolling the virtues of shooting animals for fun. How did any of you think this was acceptable, other than in your own sick minds? Hang your heads in shame.

Signing off.

Blairio.

To assume these varmints were shot for sport is kind of ignorant.  I'm pretty sure it was stated at the very beginning of this thread what type of rifle to use as to have as much meat as possible.  Whether you'd like to believe or not, thousands upon thousands of people still hunt to put food on the table for the family.  In absolutely no shape or form would I ever hang my head in shame nor BE ashamed of providing food for my family.  My 2 cents.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Warwick

• Grease Monkey
Reply #24 on: September 18, 2018, 10:01:43 pm
Hi Guys
just clarifying that in Australia rabbits are an introduced species and are in plague proportions and are considered an Extreme pest. The Australian Government even introduced a disease to try and wipe them out. Whole landscapes in the snowy mountains are ruined by them and they have destroyed the habitat of native animals and it is illegal to own them in some Australian states as pets. Just putting it in perspective. cheers Warwick

2007 Bullet, 1999 Lightning, 2010 Honda VFR1200f, 2019 Interceptor, 2007 Kwaka GPX250R

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: September 19, 2018, 12:58:59 am
bit of trivia ;)

do you guys have any idea on how hard it is to get one of these bikes in a magazine...not easy...LOL but its now gonna happen as a feature story...THE MIGHTY ENFIELD. now to the rabbits. given the choice they could either be shot in a humane way OR the local rabbit contractor. now if he comes in this is how its done. first they lay a carrot bait called 1080 for two or three nights then they add a poison to the bait to wipe them out. after that they fumigate or gas out their burrows . they then rip their burrow and after all that if any survive -they shoot them. now that's a private contractor. lets look at the government. there more scientific. they use a virus to wipe them out. this start on their eyes and eventually they can't see at all....see photo. then the poor bunny loses weight /can't see stumbles about for WEEKS and eventually dies. any for those who complain remember this is out aussie governments way to handle it. what way is best? 

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: September 19, 2018, 03:05:59 am
just to clarify - I am putting this enfield in a hunting mag in aust as the feature story and it will be viewed by well in excess of 20,000 buyers- now if you can beat that..your quite welcome to try yourself. this could be nothing better than a bonus for royal enfield...lol

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: September 19, 2018, 10:45:46 am
just to clarify - I am putting this enfield in a hunting mag in aust as the feature story and it will be viewed by well in excess of 20,000 buyers- now if you can beat that..your quite welcome to try yourself. this could be nothing better than a bonus for royal enfield...lol

Excellent work Sir, that's a great thing. Thank you for that. As for the "Hunting for food", I live in the Southern US. My freezer stays stocked.
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #28 on: September 19, 2018, 11:29:29 am
Going to stir the pot here a bit more. I tend to agree with Blairio in this matter. As we all know and wildbill can confirm, there is more than enough food on his table to support his family, which he can comfortably source from the local shops/supermarkets and other places. There is no food shortage where he resides and meals are reasonably priced. That being said, he can surely have a rabbit or two if that's what he likes ;)

At the end of the day, this was just for some mere entertainment and a few bites of this 'meat' here and there by the crew, for a vaguely known 'magazine' that will be forgotten in a few days/weeks time after its release. IMHO, the PR from this is barely going to make a ripple in Enfield sales here. Wildbill has bought more units than what will probably come out of this. I can be wrong though :-X

In any case, I don't have anything against recreational 'hunting'. But to be neutral, this thread/topic should have at least gone in the Campfire Talk section.
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: September 19, 2018, 11:51:11 am
lets face it- enfields are really shit bikes...period!....LOL and if there was a better bike I liked i'd buy it  ;) that said the Pegasus I had was rubbish! lucky for me I have a ready supply of cash and again ready to bite the bullet. I think this time I will buy a redditch 500 in red. if its no good then I guess I will try again...lol but I can say one thing as I have 30 years of hunting experience behind me and doesn't matter if you like it or not just one gun I had a sako 22.250 I fired 10,000 rounds through it and not at targets!