Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 3786 times)

sewerman

• Scooter
on: August 18, 2007, 02:17:56 pm
Since Im a new guy I thought I should do an intro.  Im Sewerman in Central Florida.  My rides include a 85 GS 550E Suzuki( bought new in 85), a 1975 Hodaka Road Toad and a 04 Bullet.  I have the Continental pieces on the bike and the following mods : K&N filter, after market exhaust, milled head (035), port and polished head, heavier clutch springs and Avon Venoms.  The Continental "kit" was costly but WOW!  This past month went to Wheels Thru Time and the Vintage racing at Mid-Ohio.  Live less than an hour from Daytona Speedway so have seen some great racing over the years, both bikes and cars.  I have been having a blast with my Bullet the last few years and as most of you know they always draw a crowd.  Bullet On!

deejay

Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 02:26:23 pm
Welcome! Sounds like a nice Bullet, got any pics? If so, post them in the gallery so we can all drool over it!

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 03:33:15 pm
Since Im a new guy I thought I should do an intro.  Im Sewerman in Central Florida.  My rides include a 85 GS 550E Suzuki( bought new in 85), a 1975 Hodaka Road Toad and a 04 Bullet.  I have the Continental pieces on the bike and the following mods : K&N filter, after market exhaust, milled head (035), port and polished head, heavier clutch springs and Avon Venoms.  The Continental "kit" was costly but WOW!  This past month went to Wheels Thru Time and the Vintage racing at Mid-Ohio.  Live less than an hour from Daytona Speedway so have seen some great racing over the years, both bikes and cars.  I have been having a blast with my Bullet the last few years and as most of you know they always draw a crowd.  Bullet On!

Welcome!

How do you like the Venoms? I'm going to put them on once I've worn the current treads out. I'm also thinking about heavier clutch springs. How are they working for you? Did you do the installation yourself?

Matt

sewerman

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 01:28:29 pm
Hey Thumper, once you put the Venoms on you will be amazed.  The original tires are lame at best.  The rear one is almost square!  Not only are the Venoms light years above the originals, they will also lower the bike about a half an inch.  The vintage racers use them so that should say something about their handling.  The clutch springs are easy.  There are six springs and I put in three heavier ones.  If you hold a stock one next to a heavier one you will see the difference.  Just drain the left side case, remove clutch face and alternate one stonck one with one heavy one.  Replace gasket with a new one and put in new oil.  It seems to help with better shifting and remember clutch adjustment is always crucial on a Bullet.   :P