Author Topic: Going to need some new parts  (Read 2028 times)

9fingers

• Grand Gearhead
  • From the New Hampshire part of New Jersey
on: August 05, 2018, 07:39:50 pm
My bike is not as badly damaged as I thought following my deer encounter. Going to need a new right side mirror, bar end, master cylinder/lever and headlight chrome rings and lens, and a new front fender. Where do you guys get your parts? I have a dealer about an hour away I can deal with but I did not buy the bike from them.......they had nothing good to say about the RE bikes and were trying to get me to buy a Triumph, and in the end did not have a chrome/maroon in stock anyway. This is an opportunity to upgrade the headlight to the 7", so I will look into that. Thanks,
9fingers
Currently own:

2016 Classic Chrome Maroon
2020 Moto Guzzi V7III Special
V Strom 650 ABS Adventure
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL 250 TMI custom frame
Honda TL 125
Yamaha TY350

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 08:56:03 pm
I have the 2016 C5 5.75" headlight assembly including sealed beam bulb; yours for shipping.  I'm temporarily using the bar end weights for another purpose but they should be available by the end of this month; yours for shipping.  I have the chrome handlebar if you discover yours is damaged; yours for shipping.  Finally, I have a pair of Turbo mirrors (https://www.classicmotorworks.com/turbo-mirror/) from CMW: yours for shipping.
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 06:51:18 am
I've been wondering where to get stock parts for a RE for some time, ever since I bought mine back in 2013. I have been riding Japanese for a long time, and have been used to just ordering parts online from places like cheapcycleparts.com and bikebandit.com. There seems to be no single source for RE parts. Royal Enfield bikes seems to have the same problem as the vintage bikes they are copies of. I'm afraid they may abandon the UCE bikes after the Euro bikes really start hitting the market.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

johno

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 B5 on the original Portland Dorset UK
Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 08:18:24 am
UCE bikes and Euro bikes
Are one in the same, just exhaust emissions and ABS brakes are different
The engine frames and all other parts are mainly the same.
2012 B5 Bullet
 K&N, sport muffler, 18tooth fr sprocket, Avon style fairing, 1958 pattern British army haversacks. Mitas tyres DiD chain. Carberry plate.

Rattlebattle

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 10:04:44 pm
No problem whatsoever getting RE parts in the UK; most of us just get them from Hitchcock’s by return of post. I do wonder if enough RE bikes are sold in the USA to warrant a decent dealer network. The bikes are a bit left field and will never compete there with HD or the other main marques.
Sic se res habet: fractum est...

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 10:15:14 pm
Try our host: Baker Motorsports.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 10:50:25 pm
Try our host: Baker Motorsports.

This. I may get the odd non-critical doodad off eBay from Indian suppliers, but will order the critical stuff from the good folks in Ft. Worth, if only to help support these forums. Their Royal Enfield eBay parts store is found right here, or you can call them at (888) 415-8986.

I've also heard very fine things about Hitchcocks Motorcycles in Solihull, England--especially as a source for better-than-OEM performance parts, though I've personally not yet had occasion to get anything from them.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

no bs

• Grand Gearhead
  • if it's got two wheels i'm on it
Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 12:05:38 am
pinwall cycle salvage in ohio has some parts from the bike from which I got the engine.
killing bugs since 1972 2011 g5 deluxe frankenbullet

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 12:00:32 am
9fingers -- this looks like a left-side drop to me (https://www.salvagebikesauction.com/vehicle_detail/Salvage-2016-Royal+Enfield+Motors-BULLET-for-Sale/lot-38543978/Elgin-Illinois/id/2/pg/1).  It seems to have all the parts you want with plenty left over.  Current bid is minimum $200.  One day left in the sale.

I not really recommending it for you.  Maybe another member would be interested and send you the parts you need.  I've already done my stupid buy a second RE -- no need to repeat that expensive experience.
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

9fingers

• Grand Gearhead
  • From the New Hampshire part of New Jersey
Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 12:46:15 am
Thanks all, if I lived near California I would be tempted to buy that damaged one but then my wife would damage me further, no doubt. I found a master cylinder/brake lever unit on ebay for $90 and the RE importer is setting me up with a NJ dealer, one that I talked to and found to be very helpful before I found my bike at a dealer in OK, in the color I wanted. They tell me new front fender will be roughly $105, which seems reasonable for a chrome/maroon one. The dent in the tank is small but really bothers me on such a pretty bike and I am going to take it to one of those dent removal services to see if they can work it out. The importer tells me it may be a problem getting a new tank, I assume because the color is discontinued, and that is a shame. The chrome tank appears to be about $300 if I could find one. I still have a few weeks to go before I will be able to walk ok, it seems, and the shoulder and rib will take longer than that anyway so no hurry. Thanks for all the help!
9fingers
Currently own:

2016 Classic Chrome Maroon
2020 Moto Guzzi V7III Special
V Strom 650 ABS Adventure
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL 250 TMI custom frame
Honda TL 125
Yamaha TY350