Author Topic: California again  (Read 1570 times)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
on: July 27, 2018, 02:53:52 pm
I received an Amazon email ad this morning that featured the Battery Tender Plus.  Since I have one of these battery chargers and have been using it for the past 20 years, I decided to see what the Amazon product description said about the charger and if anything had changed since I bought mine.  While nothing seems to have changed, I noticed a note that said that it could not be sold to California or Oregon residents because it did not meet those states energy efficiency requirements and a different "CA energy-compliant" BT charger would have to be selected if I wanted to order one. Give me a break!  >:( This thing only puts out 1.25 amps.  It is not going to suck out life out of the state's power grid. It is really amazing that anything can be sold here - especially Royal Enfield motorcycles.  ::)  What a state!   :'(
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 04:15:13 pm
While working at a dealership in Falls Church, VA -- every new battery box had a Prop 65 notice paper dropped in the box. Truly a CA PITA.

This week I saw an article claiming that some people in DC want to take away CAs practice of defining standards that effect the nation, like strict emissions. Maybe if that happens, all the environmental elites will demonstrate by not driving their cars and stay at home.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 04:27:40 pm
While working at a dealership in Falls Church, VA -- every new battery box had a Prop 65 notice paper dropped in the box. Truly a CA PITA.

This week I saw an article claiming that some people in DC want to take away CAs practice of defining standards that effect the nation, like strict emissions. Maybe if that happens, all the environmental elites will demonstrate by not driving their cars and stay at home.

Right.  ::)  Good luck with that.  The environmental elites are into "do as I say, not as I do".  ;)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 04:47:18 pm
      It's reached the point of lunacy.

A giant Titanium, carbide and diamond chainsaw run by a Transformer of some kind comes to mind with those who want to leave given a "subsidy" (the Progressive Dems love "subsidies" using productive taxpayer's money) to do so.

No, that's no good. There are too many people who don't "want" to participate in what's happening, but just can't get out of it.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 07:55:07 pm
California is a fine example of what happens when the "Elite world savers" get their way.

All sorts of rules and requirements, most of them based on hair brained ideas about saving us from ourselves become law in that state.

Truly a "sad state" they've created.

Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 10:34:08 pm
California is a fine example of what happens when the "Elite world savers" get their way.

All sorts of rules and requirements, most of them based on hair brained ideas about saving us from ourselves become law in that state.

Truly a "sad state" they've created.

In my newspaper today was an article that a sneaky "rider-bill" attached to a recent law that was passed in California established a requirement to create a "universal health care" system for the state.  California expects the Federal government to pay 3/4 of the estimated $400 Billion cost of the plan, while the state taxpayers pick up the other $100 Billion.  (Good luck with that.)  The law sets up a 5-member "Council on Health Care Delivery Systems", which is mandated to study the issue and come up with a financing plan by October 1, 2021. 

The Government is here to help, but don't tax you and don't tax me, tax the guy behind the tree - who no doubt, is on his way out of the state and heading for Nevada, Arizona, Texas and other less nanny states and taking his money with him.  Leaving behind you know who.   ::)