Author Topic: 2018 C500 PEGASUS ABS  (Read 18180 times)

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #30 on: August 01, 2018, 04:58:29 am
Just looking at the yellow mark, it might be pretty close to the CG.

It looks like it is about 7-8" in front of the pivot for the center stand and that would make the front wheel rest on the ground and the rear wheel dangle in the air when the center stand was deployed.

Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #31 on: August 01, 2018, 11:03:59 am
Now you have a starter button, everyone's favorite kill switch button,

So it's not just me that hits the kill switch when I reach for the bar?  ;D ;)
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: August 01, 2018, 02:59:28 pm
So it's not just me that hits the kill switch when I reach for the bar?  ;D ;)

Now that you mentioned it, I never even noticed the kill switch on my 2011 B5 - which should tell you something about its impact on my RE experience.  ;)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Morgan65

• Grease Monkey
  • USA
Reply #33 on: August 01, 2018, 09:43:36 pm
I got a email from my selling dealer it’ll be October before my Pegasus gets in here state side.   :( I did order it in brown mainly because my friend ordered a green one. Easyer for us old guys to tell them apart. After seeing Wildbill photos of his bike I’m glad I chose the color I did.
REs I currently own:
2007 AVL Bullet Electra Gray
2010 Bullet G5 Deluxe Black
2017 535 GT Continental Red
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green
2024 650 Super Meteor Celestial Blue

suitcasejefferson

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: August 04, 2018, 09:27:23 pm
Beautiful bike. I wish now I had bought a military C5 back in 2013 when I got my B5. But if I buy another RE it will be the Himalayan, which is still not available at my local dealer.
"I am a motorcyclist, NOT a biker"
"Buy the ticket, take the ride" Hunter S. Thompson

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: August 07, 2018, 05:07:58 am
well the news to some may not be good!...LOL but I have decided not to go ahead and buy the INTERCEPTOR 650 :o
I've had enough with the latest vibration bit of crap and although I do waste the odd $.. ;) I decided I will not risk it!
following extensive youtube reviews I thought about the following three bikes.
a new moto guzzi v7 - a near new av augusta 675 - and a new honda cb500x
out of the 3 it appeared the honda would be the most reliable and the very least trouble in all areas so I am about to order one for delivery into the country on the 20/8
plus it has virtually no vibration at all and that's the PLUS due to my torn tendon in the shoulder
I thought about selling the Pegasus but disappointingly no bites even with a $2000 drop in purchase price on a 150 mile near new 3 week old bike.
so I decided I just have to wake up to myself a bit and stop throwing the big cash at the enfields...lol  plus I want a friggin bike I can at least ride or try too.
there is a guy who has been waiting to go for a run with me since January and I've continuously knocked him back as I have been plagued by bike drama.
so I guess I have no choice but keep the Pegasus as a short run bike only and channel my riding towards the cb500x
at the moment the way I look at it-if I did go 650 i could have a lemon in both hands....LOL and I say stuff that!

photo of the possible coming ride. plus its $2000 cheaper than the pegasus ::) amd I probably won't have to touch it...LOL

Morgan65

• Grease Monkey
  • USA
Reply #36 on: August 07, 2018, 11:23:30 am
Beautiful bike. I wish now I had bought a military C5 back in 2013 when I got my B5. But if I buy another RE it will be the Himalayan, which is still not available at my local dealer.

The Himalayan would be a great choice, It has become my favorite bike. Very little vibration for a single cylinder motor and the best all around bike I have ever owned and you don’t get a hernia just pushing out of the garage.

My dealer in the Portland, Oregon area still has three new ones in stock as of last weekend. You could fly into PDX then ride it home. Ask for Mike Durbin the owner, a great guy to deal with. PM me if I can help.
REs I currently own:
2007 AVL Bullet Electra Gray
2010 Bullet G5 Deluxe Black
2017 535 GT Continental Red
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green
2024 650 Super Meteor Celestial Blue

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #37 on: August 07, 2018, 02:08:54 pm
He may have a bit of difficulty navigating back to Oz. The ferries are a bit slow. ;)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #38 on: August 07, 2018, 05:36:11 pm
For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure the RE 650 engine has a anti-vibration counter-balance shaft in it.
If it does, the old vibration worries aren't a good reason for not buying one.  8)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Rattlebattle

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: August 07, 2018, 06:59:32 pm
My thought exactly; it does have a balance shaft (as does the Himalayan. Both should be fine, though I’ll wait for others to jump in with the twin before I risk any more cash on an RE. My hope is that they re-engineer the C5 to keep the good bits (longish stroke, low revving) while getting rid of the poor design features. I’d like a 500cc that has the same bore and stroke as the current models, but bins the primary chain in favour of gears, is SOHC with screw and locknut adjusters, has a conventional spin-on full flow oil filter and a proper valve lifter for starting. In common with the 650 twins there would be a standard and a sports variant. In this case though there would be more differences than just cosmetic. I’d like the sports variant to have a four valve head and twin exhausts, maybe siamesed. It would also have a different frame like the CGT but would be appreciably faster than the standard bike and would have a close ratio gearbox, clip-ons and rearsets, maybe with an optional sports fairing ie something worthy of the CGT name. Dream on perhaps, but I don’t see why we couldn’t have a more conventionally designed 500cc engine with the long-stroke format that gives us the lovely feel of the thumping engine that we all love.
Sic se res habet: fractum est...

no bs

• Grand Gearhead
  • if it's got two wheels i'm on it
Reply #40 on: August 07, 2018, 08:13:53 pm
well the news to some may not be good!...LOL but I have decided not to go ahead and buy the INTERCEPTOR 650 :o
I've had enough with the latest vibration bit of crap and although I do waste the odd $.. ;) I decided I will not risk it!
following extensive youtube reviews I thought about the following three bikes.
a new moto guzzi v7 - a near new av augusta 675 - and a new honda cb500x
out of the 3 it appeared the honda would be the most reliable and the very least trouble in all areas so I am about to order one for delivery into the country on the 20/8
plus it has virtually no vibration at all and that's the PLUS due to my torn tendon in the shoulder
I thought about selling the Pegasus but disappointingly no bites even with a $2000 drop in purchase price on a 150 mile near new 3 week old bike.
so I decided I just have to wake up to myself a bit and stop throwing the big cash at the enfields...lol  plus I want a friggin bike I can at least ride or try too.
there is a guy who has been waiting to go for a run with me since January and I've continuously knocked him back as I have been plagued by bike drama.
so I guess I have no choice but keep the Pegasus as a short run bike only and channel my riding towards the cb500x
at the moment the way I look at it-if I did go 650 i could have a lemon in both hands....LOL and I say stuff that!

photo of the possible coming ride. plus its $2000 cheaper than the pegasus ::) amd I probably won't have to touch it...LOL

why did RE just drop several points in the stock value? coincidence? I think not! ;)
killing bugs since 1972 2011 g5 deluxe frankenbullet

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #41 on: August 08, 2018, 11:33:14 am
well some days you just have a bad day and it pisses you off...LOL anyway I put the sports exhaust on the bike and as always it sounded pretty good ;)

https://youtu.be/rgEHLZ38SuA

i'd say at this stage I will go ahead and get that cb500x but I will sit back and evaluate how things go and maybe not cancel the 650 interceptor … or not yet!

f/ck ...I could end up with three bikes...LOL

Warwick

• Grease Monkey
Reply #42 on: August 08, 2018, 10:29:15 pm
You might ride one of em too. I hope you get the interceptor as twins are always relatively smooth as compared to a single. The vibration of a single is half the reason to buy one (after having 12 I guess you know that :)). I was looking forward to your report on the interceptor. The Honda (a twin) is a nice bike though and one you can tour on. Whatever you go for just have fun!
I am of to the Great ocean road next week for a road trip and cant wait.
2007 Bullet, 1999 Lightning, 2010 Honda VFR1200f, 2019 Interceptor, 2007 Kwaka GPX250R

sixtysix

• Scooter
Reply #43 on: August 08, 2018, 11:17:37 pm
Hi Arizona people, just noticed that Go AZ in Peoria now carries Royal Enfield and it seems they have a Himalayan in stock.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #44 on: August 09, 2018, 01:35:18 am
time will tell but at this stage ive had a re-think and have not ruled out both the bikes ::)