Author Topic: Which year?  (Read 2429 times)

swingarm

• Scooter
on: July 15, 2018, 03:18:42 am
Dealers here in Oz are selling the 2017 model for a thousand bucks less then the 2018 model.
Is buying the older model worth saving $1000?

I'm mostly interested in build quality and significant improvements.
EFI or no EFI doesn't bother me.

Morgan65

• Grease Monkey
  • USA
Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 01:08:27 pm
Dealers here in Oz are selling the 2017 model for a thousand bucks less then the 2018 model.
Is buying the older model worth saving $1000?

I'm mostly interested in build quality and significant improvements.
EFI or no EFI doesn't bother me.

I would only buy the newer year if I had a choice. The first ones from everything I’ve read many had a multitude of issues so much so that RE shut down factory production for several months it fix them.

I would rather have a carb than EFI but our EPA will only let the EFI versions in our country. The EFI is supposed to run smoother and here we have a lot of higher passes to go over so I guess it’s a good thing.
REs I currently own:
2007 AVL Bullet Electra Gray
2010 Bullet G5 Deluxe Black
2017 535 GT Continental Red
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green
2024 650 Super Meteor Celestial Blue

Mick Bailey

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 08:57:26 pm
Are the bikes export models, or home-market inteded for India? There could be detail differences not obvious upon casual inspection if they're the latter, but I'm going on previous generations of Enfield. In the UK we had different paint quality, spokes, batteries, tyres, brakes, headlight, etc., than the home-market bikes.

swingarm

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 08:32:57 am
Are the bikes export models, or home-market inteded for India? There could be detail differences not obvious upon casual inspection if they're the latter, but I'm going on previous generations of Enfield. In the UK we had different paint quality, spokes, batteries, tyres, brakes, headlight, etc., than the home-market bikes.

http://www.a1motorcycles.com.au/vehicle/OAG-AD-14550344

I guess export since it would have to comply with local standards to be sold here by the dealer.
I might get a chance to eyeball it on the weekend if there are any signs to look for.