Author Topic: To Notify Or Not To Notify  (Read 1713 times)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
on: July 07, 2018, 10:44:38 pm
         That is the question. Whether 'tis ...........

Sorry. Jest kyurryous. I haven't been Notified for a long, long time. Is that just a universal truth now?

Or "Is it me, doctor"?   ???
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 11:19:41 pm
You haven't been notified??

Count your blessings.

A couple of months ago I got notified.
"YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO SERVE ON THE JURY OF THE SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA.  FAILURE TO APPEAR IS A CLASS 4 MISDEMEANOR AND WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW."

Also, my wife notified me, "The toilet is making a gurgling sound and the water keeps running."

And again, "I can't get the washing machine to start and I need those clean cloths before tomorrow morning."

And, "My computer is locked up again and poking the start button isn't doing anything."

The list goes on........ :(
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 12:32:47 am
You haven't been notified??

Count your blessings.

A couple of months ago I got notified.
"YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO SERVE ON THE JURY OF THE SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA.  FAILURE TO APPEAR IS A CLASS 4 MISDEMEANOR AND WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW."

Also, my wife notified me, "The toilet is making a gurgling sound and the water keeps running."

And again, "I can't get the washing machine to start and I need those clean cloths before tomorrow morning."

And, "My computer is locked up again and poking the start button isn't doing anything."

The list goes on........ :(

How do I get it ? Let me count the ways .... :) ;D :D
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 01:00:52 am
I recently got a notification to make my 1st bike payment.  So I did.  But I sure as hell am NOT going to notify my wife I just bought LED turn signal conversions for my bike today.   ;D
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 01:04:00 am
As in, notifications of postings on this forum?  I stopped getting emailed notifications when I receive PM's from other users - caused me to be rude to one guy by not responding...

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 04:48:44 pm
Simple.Notify him you were being rude, and he'll notify you just what he thinks of you.  >:(  :D
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 01:01:17 pm
Simple.Notify him you were being rude, and he'll notify you just what he thinks of you.  >:(  :D

That's pretty much how it played out!  But he was very understanding...