Author Topic: Main oil plug(drain) bolts  (Read 1998 times)

Whiskeysauers

• Scooter
on: June 28, 2018, 08:43:23 pm
First off, hello all.

Secondly, I need your help.

I recently purchased a 2017 Desert storm C5, which is loads of fun. Did the first oil change at 300 miles (switched to a better oil as well).  I just recently went to do another oil change at 1200 miles, because the oil was noticibly dirty.

However while removing the two bolts for the main oil plug, one decided to snap on me. I'll be attempting to remove the remaining bit of bolt tomorrow evening. 

My big issue is, where the hell can i get a replacement bolt?  I have seriously looked everywhere, even some of the Indian sites and cannot find anything. The only thing I've been able to find is the magnetic bolts for the other drain plugs.

Any information would be great.  Starting to get really bummed about driving the car to work, and not riding to work.

Thanks all,

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 10:24:55 pm
First off, hello all.

Secondly, I need your help.

I recently purchased a 2017 Desert storm C5, which is loads of fun. Did the first oil change at 300 miles (switched to a better oil as well).  I just recently went to do another oil change at 1200 miles, because the oil was noticibly dirty.

However while removing the two bolts for the main oil plug, one decided to snap on me. I'll be attempting to remove the remaining bit of bolt tomorrow evening. 

My big issue is, where the hell can i get a replacement bolt?  I have seriously looked everywhere, even some of the Indian sites and cannot find anything. The only thing I've been able to find is the magnetic bolts for the other drain plugs.

Any information would be great.  Starting to get really bummed about driving the car to work, and not riding to work.

Thanks all,

Do you see CMW Store over in the Left margin in the Menu ? Go click on it. Look around and then call and ask for Tim (817-834-1392). Tim knows everything.

Somebody's going to tell you that this is the AVL section and that your engine is a UCE and you should post in the UCE section, but it won't be me  :) :) ;) ;) Good luck.

PS: CMW (Classic Motor Works) was the ONID, the Original National Importer Distributor for Royal Enfield Motorcycles.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 10:27:49 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 10:46:49 pm
Somebody's going to tell you that this is the AVL section and that your engine is a UCE and you should post in the UCE section, but it won't be me  :) :) ;) ;) Good luck.

I think you just did!  ;D

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Whiskeysauers

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 10:52:23 pm
Oops, you'll have to excuse me. Even after the mounds of research I've done on royal enfield, I still get all mixed up on some of the particulars.

Thanks, and I'll repost in the uce area.