Author Topic: Fair Weather Rider? Nah!  (Read 1132 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
on: June 20, 2018, 02:57:30 am
This morning as I was headed out for work, I pull out from under the car port on my bike and notice a very overcast sky.  I stop quick and check the weather on my phone, "scattered thunderstorms".  I then ride back and forth past my truck twice deciding if I should switch vehicles or not.  Decided to say screw it and rode in anyway.  It didn't rain much today, but  it did dump buckets when I left to get lunch and when I left to go home.   Murphy's Law, eh?  No worries, my chaps and jacket kept me pretty dry for both rounds.  And low and behold, as I light my grill for some amazing grass fed burgers.......   It starts hailing and pouring out.  And now that I'm done cooking, its done raining.  Now time to eat these burners and enjoy a couple of beers!

Holy smokes!  These burgers are so good!  So I feel the need to explain, this is no ordinary beef.  It's from a local farm.  All grass fed and pasture raised.  But what sets this beef on the next level, is the last 2 week's before slaughter, the cows are fed nothing but flax seed and flax seed oil.  Which adds a marvelous flavor to the beef, but also jump starts the beef for natural aging.  I always make some delicious burgers, but with this beef and the addition of locally made ghost pepper sauce and jalapeno honey mustard sauce, these burgers are off the charts!  Have a wonderful night everyone!
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

mc35803

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 12:11:52 pm
Dang it, I read your excellent post this morning on my way into work and now I'm hungry for hamburgers and it's not even 6:15 in the morning yet.   Weather wise you know you have to take the good with the bad I just hope you ate the hamburgers inside and not outside LOL
Miles

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 01:02:51 am
Holy smokes!  These burgers are so good!  So I feel the need to explain, this is no ordinary beef.  It's from a local farm.  All grass fed and pasture raised.  But what sets this beef on the next level, is the last 2 week's before slaughter, the cows are fed nothing but flax seed and flax seed oil.  Which adds a marvelous flavor to the beef, but also jump starts the beef for natural aging.  I always make some delicious burgers, but with this beef and the addition of locally made ghost pepper sauce and jalapeno honey mustard sauce, these burgers are off the charts!  Have a wonderful night everyone!

My wife and I eat very little red meat - so when we do, we splurge.  We have friends who raise some livestock every year, then butcher and sell it - grass fed and free range.  It makes a difference!  As they describe the animals, "happy healthy lives followed by just one bad day..."