Author Topic: interceptor or PEGUSUS c5 Opinion Poll  (Read 8938 times)

Fragman

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 04:27:34 am
Interceptor fer sure. Chrome tank version of course. ;)
Do it... Buy it and tell the world! 8)
Nothing better than a nice putt on an RE.
It's a serene way to travel at an unhurried pace.

-2013 Classic Maroon-

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: June 09, 2018, 01:42:14 am
got this colour chart from the dealer, these may be some of the production colour.gt on left and interceptor on the right

no bs

• Grand Gearhead
  • if it's got two wheels i'm on it
Reply #17 on: June 09, 2018, 01:53:56 am
the inspiration to resurrect the Frankenbullet last october was the announcement of the interceptor. my reasoning was i should have a trade-in to bargain with the dealer. i've worked at a toyota dealership for 32 years as a line tech, so i know i would get next to nothing for my g5 from a dealer. that being said, the day i pulled the head to assess damage, i found a engine with 991 miles (which are like hen's teeth) on ebay in ohio. it's been running great since installation, and i really don't want to get the interceptor at this point. so if you would, get the chrome tank model and let us know all about it. might make me change my mind (if i can locate it after my wife knocks it outta my skull with a cast iron frying pan for entertaining such thoughts!)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 01:55:57 am by no bs »
killing bugs since 1972 2011 g5 deluxe frankenbullet

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: June 09, 2018, 01:57:49 am
emailed him today to ask if he could submit a special order for the chrome model - naturally at a special order price...lol
wouldn't be that much extra I think - going on c5 chromes....although I could be wrong!...lol

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: June 09, 2018, 12:07:41 pm
got an email back from the dealer today and he has placed my order for a chrome interceptor...….so we will see what happens further down the track

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #20 on: June 09, 2018, 12:54:27 pm
Hey Wildbill, it’s been a While :) go for the 650
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: June 09, 2018, 02:14:11 pm
chrome too....LOL

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: June 09, 2018, 02:34:44 pm
Everyone seems to like the chrome version of the Interceptor. (I keep wondering what Honda and Ford think about this use of the Interceptor name).  But my question is: What do you think about the current state of Indian chrome and its durability? Will it look good and hold up to the environment over the years?  I have found the black paint on my 2011 Bullet to be of an apparent high quality and good durability. But my bike has almost no chrome on it, other than a few small chassis parts, such as the headlight ring, turn indicators, horn and wheel rims. All these show no rust or peeling, but a large slab of chrome on a fuel tank and other large, convoluted parts, will need to be good quality and of a thickness that will last and not rust.  ???  It wouldn't be hard to cut corners and save a little money when using chrome as a finish instead of paint.  I bet the Chinese would find a way.  ::)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #23 on: June 09, 2018, 02:56:21 pm
got an email back from the dealer today and he has placed my order for a chrome interceptor...….so we will see what happens further down the track

And you know, if you ever find you miss that whole velocity-challenged thumpy single thing, you could always pick up a proper old "iron belly" to fuss around on. Unlike a typically pricier UCE, you can still pick 'em up all day long for well under 2 Grand American (even much less around here in Winter, at least where we, you know, have a Winter...I got mine for only $1,200, but it was actually snowing and simultaneously sploodging oil from it's sillyass breather catch can at the time--long since thoroughly remediated by yanking it out and punting that catch can into the hedges in favor of a fine KrankVent knockoff). A nice but notoriously finicky old iron cylinder pre-unit beater Bullet will also offer that "plausible deniability" as far as the moochers you've mentioned goes: "Well, I'd like to let you borrow it, Wimpy old buddy, but it's just not quite sorted out yet."  Trust me, I'm just shy of having put 2,000 personal miles on the old 2005 I got in December, and I suspect she'll NEVER be completely sorted out. They come in 4 speed or 5, left or right shift, electric start or no. I've just gotta guess that you've thrown enough stacks of pineapples your local RE dealer's way that you're probably on their speed-dial by now, and might well alert you first if they got a good old one in on a trade-in or something, if you but asked.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 12:32:46 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: July 18, 2018, 12:19:20 pm
well I couldn't help myself and after the dealer contacted me - I bought the brown Pegasus and pick it up next Monday.
but before we get too excited or disappointed I have NOT cancelled my 650 order so that deal is still on...LOL

Subbu-500

• Bulleteer
  • I am like....no big deal!
Reply #25 on: July 18, 2018, 01:59:38 pm
Wow!!! that looks really nice Wildbill... 8) congratulations on your 12th!! Does it get the rumored single channel ABS by any chance?
Subbu
2019 Interceptor
2014 B5(Carb)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: July 19, 2018, 01:08:03 am
yes it has the duel channel abs. I could have painted one something like this I suppose but I was told by the dealer -he doubts if those saddle bags will ever be available for an option
plus if I did paint …….its just a copy.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: July 19, 2018, 02:38:18 am
She is a SHARP looking beast, I'll give her that.
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

Subbu-500

• Bulleteer
  • I am like....no big deal!
Reply #28 on: July 19, 2018, 10:32:45 am
Dual channel ABS!! Wow...that is nice  :)...it is such a shame that RE decided to leave it out on the 250 units available for Indian customers to keep the price lower  >:(...i wish they dont sell any of those 250 units and learn it the hard way that Indian Riders also need some basic safety equipment...probably more than any other part of the world. I hope they provide you with everything on the motorcycle in the picture. I am not sure those saddle bags would go well with any other RE...so if they get greedy now and no one opts for them because of the extra price, they will be stuck with unsold stock
Subbu
2019 Interceptor
2014 B5(Carb)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: July 20, 2018, 03:06:36 am
I don't think those saddle bags are available as an accessory item. next week I know I will pull the pillion seat as it takes away the looks.
I think it will be interesting to put the 018 interceptor against the 018 c5 and that's exactly what I plan to do.
this bike was a quick purchase just in case the 650 interceptor doesn't arrive in chrome and I have to settle for another colour.
so this way I can still ride the c5 and when they arrive - only take the chrome 650
well that's the plan and then it's back to back rides and see which is the better bike OR more realistically the first to break down ;D