Author Topic: interceptor or PEGUSUS c5 Opinion Poll  (Read 8939 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
on: June 06, 2018, 01:02:46 am
I am ready to embark on bike 12 ;) been seriously thinking about the pegusus c5 model. earlier on in the year I was leaning towards the interceptor 650
here in OZ the pegusus is due in mid july and the interceptor august. priced near on top of each other with roughly $100 US dollars splitting them.
the big question. the C5 has been out for a while and pretty well proven...the interceptor is the dark horse so what would you buy and why.
you can take my word this is a serious opinion poll and I am not wasting any-ones time. I WILL BUY ONE BIKE OR THE OTHER! but not both...LOL I had trouble with that silly idea before with free-loaders
one bike is just the same old unit wrapped up in a fancy paint scheme and the other a completely new model. its really a hard call this one or is for me

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 01:46:13 am
Go for the 650 twin.

You've already had 11 RE's that were basically almost the same motorcycle and you didn't like any of them or IMO, you would have kept them.

The 650 twin is a new adventure for you (and us) so don't beat the same old bush.  Try something that is actually new to you.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 04:03:07 am
I second Jim's opinion.  You can see it as a community service.  Pick up the 650 before any of the rest of us can even see it at the dealership.  Since we've been following your adventures with the other bikes we know how you face a new bike so it'll give us an idea what to expect when they finally DO reach our local dealer.

Black and Red would be my choice of color, but am curious which one appeals to you.
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 06:37:11 am
Another vote for the 650. I don't want to buy one but I want to know what it's like.  I reckon you'd give a more honest and informed assessment than a magazine or blog "test".
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Blairio

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 07:09:49 am

one bike is just the same old unit wrapped up in a fancy paint scheme

Got it in one, though I would hesitate to call that paint scheme 'fancy'.  'Mawkish' perhaps, but not fancy. 

The Interceptor twin looks great. Half a nod to mid 70's Nortons, plus a few style cues from the old constellation. A very handsome bike, especially in gold / orange.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 02:13:32 pm
I vote for the 650.
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 12:18:15 am
Ditto Arizoni, AmBraCol, gizzo, Blairio, TheShaggyDA ;D and Bmadd34.
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 02:51:32 am
I concur with the above!  ;)

Think of the test miles that have already been put on the twin. I don't recall off the top of my head but it was one hell of a lot of miles!  ::)

The twin will be a whole new adventure too, not just another C5 of which, you've had a few...  ???

Orange is the color for me. My first Schwinn Stingray was orange, and my most bad-ass Mopar I ever owned ('70 Challenger 440 Six Pack) was Hemi Orange, but I digress... I'd get the Interceptor in orange!  8)

P.S.
They say that 270° crank makes an incredible sound!
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 04:54:45 am
it appears the c5 didn't get one vote! :D and I really like c5's too ;) anyway I contacted the dealer today to check on what colours are available. he plans to advise as soon as he knows.
I will then lay down the pre- order deposit and wait it out.
I might as well try some-thing difference and if i'm not happy...back to a c5..LOL

Timbob

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 11:47:32 am
Wildbill can I ask....
Why do you change bikes so often?
????
Timbob
2014 Classic C5
Mods
Heated grips
LED headlight
GPS Speedo
Carberry Anti Vibration Plate
19T gearbox sprocket
Screen
Half megaphone exhaust
EJK Fuel Controller
LED indicator on stalk above clock
Stainless steel braided front brake hose. ( What a difference!)
Footpegs mounted with rubber washers

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: June 07, 2018, 12:07:40 pm
well I could say ..just unlucky I guess or the real reason - they would be the cheapest toy I have bought over the past 30 odd years and the few $$$ I lose per unit is nothing compared to what I've lost on cars.. ::) LOL
but back on the interceptor. I am hoping the dealer emails back tomorrow there may be a chrome version available on the first shipment….and its yours! next choice would be red/black followed by orange
but I would really like to get my hands on that chrome tank one ;) it will cost a bit more but I certainly like that bike a lot!

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #12 on: June 07, 2018, 12:58:57 pm
As you can tell, there are a lot of us breathing over your shoulder waiting to hear what it's going to be!
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #13 on: June 07, 2018, 05:30:42 pm
Although my choice of which bike you should get next was to get the twin, I do think that given the means to do so, you will eventually want both.  ;)

And I think most of us would agree. You can't just substitute another bike for a C5. It can't be duplicated.  :P

Get the twin next, but it won't be the same vibrating thumper that we all know and love. And the C5 will never be an Interceptor either...   ???

At some point you will want another Classic, and you will still want the Interceptor too, more than likely...  ::)

And the Chrome Interceptor is a really nice choice...just needs a little more orange. ;D

Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 08:44:00 pm

I give it a month, maybe 3-4 tops lol