Author Topic: Wildbill buying the interceptor?  (Read 5316 times)

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
on: November 10, 2017, 09:16:26 pm
Mate if you buy one of these ill have to come up there for a ride to take a look. They do look good.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 10:14:42 pm
Someone was just saying the Interceptors and GTs are going from Milan to a big motorcycle show in australia right now. Too many threads can't keep track! All you guys down under should meet up there?!

I'm hoping they come to the US soon. I will travell to see them. Maybe have a meet-up there too? :)
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 10:52:52 pm
Someone was just saying the Interceptors and GTs are going from Milan to a big motorcycle show in australia right now. Too many threads can't keep track! All you guys down under should meet up there?!

I'm hoping they come to the US soon. I will travell to see them. Maybe have a meet-up there too? :)
Milan might be closer to the US then Oz.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 12:25:50 am
  Oh yeah, WildWilliam might just buy ONE of them ?   ...   an Orange one for the Spring, a silver one for the Summer , a red and black on for ..... ::) ;D
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 12:40:24 am
Maybe I could pick it up for S/H price 2 weeks later.... :P
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 09:34:02 am
well now that I am fully aware of them... i'd say my chances of buying one would be 10/10 on a purchase...LOL
I have been side tracked by the new C5 ABS and never gave this bike a thought.
anyway I think $12K here for the Interceptor could still be on target or maybe a bit more but I doubt less.
probably still at least 6 months or more away 

Subbu-500

• Bulleteer
  • I am like....no big deal!
Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 11:32:02 am
I read elsewhere that RE UK has started accepting bookings for the 650 twins...a deposit of 100 pounds reserves a motorcycle and the dealer expects the twins to cost no more than 6000 pounds. It could indicate a sooner than expected launch in the US of A as well   8). Any of you got any updates for your dealers?
The other day i received a phone call from RE asking me if i was interested in buying one of the twins. I had a wide grin on my face assuming that the launch is very close so asked him when and how much...the stupid fellow just giggled and said " i don't know sir, it could be post April 2018"  >:(...i just hung up.
Subbu
2019 Interceptor
2014 B5(Carb)

Rattlebattle

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 05:25:37 pm
The RE rep at the show here in Blighty told me that production will start in April next year and the bikes will be here in the UK in June. We'll be the first export market to get them. Deposits were taken on Himalayans but a fair few got them back. They are only recently in the UK but are the more desirable (yes, really) ABS and EFI ones. Might test ride both twins and the Himalayan and take it from there.
Sic se res habet: fractum est...

Subbu-500

• Bulleteer
  • I am like....no big deal!
Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 09:13:31 am
This is what caught my attention on another Automotive Forum. Cross posting it here. I hope it is OK.

Subbu
2019 Interceptor
2014 B5(Carb)

Rattlebattle

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 11:59:15 am
Let's hope this time expected delivery dates will be met. I doubt that there will be a shortage anyway, so I won't be giving RE an interest-free loan, especially on a bike no customer has yet tried....
Sic se res habet: fractum est...

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: June 06, 2018, 07:41:13 am
i am now giving this idea some serious thought and contacted the dealer today to see -what's my choice in colours will be.
my way of thinking is -most who buy bikes don't give a real opinion of the bike just to save face.
If I buy I will give you all a good honest review and if its not up to scratch.....then I guess I will sell it like the past 11 bikes..LOL
so stay tuned. I am hoping the chrome will come in or second choice the red/black
waiting now for the dealer to find out what will be available

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 12:04:05 pm
buying it is not the problem- it's if I keep it!...LOL

rtillery02

• R.Tillery
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2012 C5 Bullet Classic / 2002 Iron Barrel
Reply #12 on: August 25, 2018, 04:54:43 pm
Well, let's hope it's not got a 12G price tag, I'd have to get a Scout if so. I've already got my 4 sale signs made up 4 my VTX1800 & my Rebel. I' 'chompin' @ the bit for this 650 interceptor. Orange Crush is what I'm wantin.
Some Folks Grow Old & Wise, &
Some Folks Just Grow Old.