Author Topic: Just what is a ...  (Read 1876 times)

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
on: May 23, 2018, 08:38:12 pm
sual cradle frame? lol

I am possibly not the best when it comes to grammar, but incorrect spelling grinds my gears. I'm not sure if this site is official or not but it does link to the shop.

This from https://www.royalenfield-uk.co.uk/model/Royal-Enfield-Interceptor site describes both the new twins. Other countries may apply.

The Royal Enfield Interceptor 2018 marks the return of one of Royal Enfield's most loved classic motorcycles. Hailing from a time when all that mattered was that the California sun was out and the surf was up, the new Interceptor retains every bit of charm that made it a legend.

Powered by the air-oil cooled parallel 650 Twin, the Interceptor is a trove of 60s design staples with its 7 inch headlight, twin clock front and quilted twin seat. the narrow teardrop tank is slapped with a classic badge and topped with a Monza-style fuel cap. A sual cradle frame with a rear loop makes up the core, by way of a nod to the original Interceptor.

Sit back, breathe in, breeze away. The Interceptor exudes a veratile, laid back attotude with its upright riding position, and its suspension is developed for precise, immediate handling while staying agile and light. Fun, under your control.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 10:32:35 pm
It's a typo.
Should read dual cradle frame.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 10:35:22 pm
It is a "dual" cradle frame with a slipped digit.
The digit hit the s instead of the d.

Slipped digits are just about as bad as slipped disks but lifting heavy objects isn't nearly as painful if one keeps their ring finger pointed away from the object being lifted.  Slipped disks on the other hand aren't as easy to deal with because you can't point your back away from the object while your lifting.  8)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 11:41:38 pm
Slipped disks on the other hand aren't as easy to deal with because you can't point your back away from the object while your lifting.  8)

Carlsberg Wordsworth: Arizoni meant to write "while you're lifting."  Please be gentle with him...

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 09:54:51 pm
lol mattsz.

Oh I realise it's a typo Ace. But on a website surely a bit of proofreading wouldn't hurt. :D

Still, won't be the first and sure as heck won't be the last.

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 10:05:24 am
Sual cradle? It's just all damn 'ipster speak these days!

Too much 'laid back attotude' if you ask me ;)

Never underestimate the value of improved combustion efficiency and reducing parasitic engine and rolling chassis losses.