Author Topic: I Done Bought A Bike!  (Read 5176 times)

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 02:07:16 pm
Best of luck with both, brother!  :) Good opportunities all around.
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: June 01, 2018, 03:13:59 am
Update on the home front:  Wife is slowly accepting that I need a bike in my life.  She's no longer irate and talking divorce.  Instead she's back to her old ways of briefly yet exquisitely ever so sarcastically taking jabs at me any time finances are brought up.

So, yeah.  Things are back to normal with the exception of now I have an awesome bike to ride, and she has new ammo for her sarcastic attacks.  ;D

On a side note, holy freaking crap are my arms sunburnt from Saturday's ride!   :o
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: June 08, 2018, 03:25:20 am
Well, it's been a full 2 weeks now and I've been riding the hell out of her.  Pretty sure my wife will never leave despite my decisions she disagrees with.  Meaning, she's no longer pissed at me and everything is back to normal.  ;D Since I've bought the bike the only miles I've put on my truck were the 6 miles I drove it home from work.  So, I should probably fire her up and get a charge on the battery.  ;)

The first 450 miles have been amazing.  I've never felt so connected with a bike before.  I'm still learning her and she wasn't thrilled with me at first, but we've certainly bonded and she treats me well.  The torque is insane.  The other night the previous owner and I were riding the to 7-11 just across the street and were sitting at the stoplight, about to green when Dan says "you lead".  We literally just have to ride thru the intersection and turn right into the parking lot.  Me being me, I start staging the bike like I'm at the drag strip, light turns green and I smoke the tire clear thru there intersection.   :o Then today riding to their local HD dealer to grab parts for a sales bike I smoked the tire again making a right turn and left another 10 foot patch.  And even with the 14" apes I can ride her like a race bike.  Honestly the only time I have trouble with the apes is when the steering is locked out backing into a parking spot.

So very happy I have this bike.  Going to replace the clutch cable and tranny fluid this weekend.  I'm also back to building Hot Rods on the weekends.  Tony and I are currently in the assembly stages on his personal '55 Bel Air coupe street rod.  427ci small block Chevy bolted to 5 speed T-5 Tremec that is getting a Fast performance fuel injection/electronic ignition set up.  Super cool unit that is intake, throttle body, distributor, coil, ignition module and ECM all in one package.  So super excited to get that installed and tuned.  Will be the first time I've taken on injection performance tuning by myself, and I'm confident I'm going to nail it.  Have a great night everyone!

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #18 on: June 08, 2018, 11:52:14 am
"High On Octane's Excellent Roller Coaster Ride"  ;D

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: June 08, 2018, 01:10:49 pm
"High On Octane's Excellent Roller Coaster Ride"  ;D

That pretty much sums my life up.  ;D

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 09:03:43 pm
Well, it's been a full 2 weeks now and I've been riding the hell out of her. 
....... at the stoplight, about to green when Dan says "you lead".  We literally just have to ride thru the intersection and turn right into the parking lot.  Me being me, I start staging the bike like I'm at the drag strip, light turns green and I smoke the tire clear thru there intersection.   :o Then today riding to their local HD dealer to grab parts for a sales bike I smoked the tire again making a right turn and left another 10 foot patch.  And even with the 14" apes I can ride her like a race bike.  Honestly the only time I have trouble with the apes is when the steering is locked out backing into a parking spot.

I have to be perfectly honest here. I don't approve of lighting 'em up on the street or any other crap like that. I'm no angel, but I've had to hear the bullshit about harley riders my whole life since I was 11 in 1949 and was more or less raised by an early ex-military bike club 'til I left home in 1956.

I still love 'ya and all that shit, but don't give the no-nothings an excuse to bad-mouth you. It got so bad here by the '80s I even stopped going to gas stations. I filled my cans and kept them in the garage. The whole thing had turned into a cluster-fuck of idiots on harleys and every car became dedicated to my death.   And you're right; it's none of my business how you ride.

Hang in there and the best of luck. I mean that  :) :) :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 09:10:23 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: June 10, 2018, 05:15:23 pm
           I have to be perfectly honest here. I don't approve of lighting 'em up on the street or any other crap like that. I'm no angel, but I've had to hear the bullshit about harley riders my whole life since I was 11 in 1949 and was more or less raised by an early ex-military bike club 'til I left home in 1956.

I still love 'ya and all that shit, but don't give the no-nothings an excuse to bad-mouth you. It got so bad here by the '80s I even stopped going to gas stations. I filled my cans and kept them in the garage. The whole thing had turned into a cluster-fuck of idiots on harleys and every car became dedicated to my death.   And you're right; it's none of my business how you ride.

Hang in there and the best of luck. I mean that  :) :) :)

I don't actually screw around in traffic.  Both times no other people were present.  I'm a firm believer of saving shenanigans for country roads where there isn't another car for miles.