Author Topic: RE Classic 500 Pegasus Edition!  (Read 13160 times)

Subbu-500

• Bulleteer
  • I am like....no big deal!
on: May 22, 2018, 11:48:04 am
RE is at it again! Classic 500 Pegasus Edition revealed in the UK in two colors...
old wine in a refreshing new bottle...they may be same bikes but sure look gorgeous to me :) no information on launch date though. More info in the link below.
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/royal-enfield-classic-500-pegasus-edition-revealed
Subbu
2019 Interceptor
2014 B5(Carb)

Blairio

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 06:43:30 pm
I don't know about this. There is a term 'sweating the brand' where you try and milk every last sale ( no matter how shamelessly) out of a product. I think RE just hit that point, unfortunately.

Subbu-500

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 10:28:19 am
I don't know about this. There is a term 'sweating the brand' where you try and milk every last sale ( no matter how shamelessly) out of a product. I think RE just hit that point, unfortunately

I dont think there is anything wrong with that :) be it RE or any other brand...they would all want to make as much hay as possible while the sun is shining on them. Remember this is a brand that sold less than 2000 (i could be wrong) motorcycles a year for a long time before the UCE storm hit the market and they sold 700,000 in 2017 :o...anyway, what ever it is...i can tell right now that the 1000 copies will be lapped up in no time. Remember a similar limited edition RE launched earlier (Dispatch)? I read somewhere that the entire lot was gone in 6 or 7 minutes... :o
Subbu
2019 Interceptor
2014 B5(Carb)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 11:41:40 am
i think this is a better looking bike compared to the despatch and i had one of those. if it came as shown in the photos- i wouldn't knock it back. ;)

Subbu-500

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 12:21:42 pm
if it came as shown in the photos- i wouldn't knock it back. ;)

OMG!!! that will be your 12th RE in less than 8 years!!! i wish there was a "take a bow" emoji lol!
The motorcycle will be as in pics...of course RE will make you pay extra if you want those saddle bags
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:25:46 pm by Subbu-500 »
Subbu
2019 Interceptor
2014 B5(Carb)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 12:27:09 pm
OMG!!! that will be your 12th RE in less than 8 years!!! i wish there was a "take a bow" emoji lol!

Subbu-500 - here's two for wildbill for you to choose from, depending on your point of view...

Subbu-500

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 12:33:00 pm
Hahahah.....  ;D that is a tough decision...i choose both...lol..
Subbu
2019 Interceptor
2014 B5(Carb)

Blairio

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 12:59:32 pm
I think perhaps that this model simply isn't aimed at me as a consumer.  My favourite Enfield UCE is still my Electra, as it is basically a good motorbike that does not rely on historic references (military or otherwise!) in its styling. I think that's why I really like the new twins, as they seem to have followed the same design principles employed for the Electra.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 01:03:36 pm by Blairio »

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 08:19:49 pm
It's not that different to the Dispatch though is it. Just some extra farkley bits.

Looks nice though. I'd have one.

But there's a lot of bikes I'd have lol.

*edit* It's on the UK site now. it wasn't there yesterday when I went looking for some Official RE bags for  mine. Out of stock, best check the local dealer this weekend.

https://www.royalenfieldshop.co.uk/home/537-royal-enfield-waxed-canvas-throw-over-panniers-black.html
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 08:40:40 pm by Carlsberg Wordsworth »

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 08:49:34 pm
Where can I procure one of those air boxes and strap from?
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

Jako

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 02:00:14 am
It's not that different to the Dispatch though is it. Just some extra farkley bits.

Looks nice though. I'd have one.

But there's a lot of bikes I'd have lol.

*edit* It's on the UK site now. it wasn't there yesterday when I went looking for some Official RE bags for  mine. Out of stock, best check the local dealer this weekend.

https://www.royalenfieldshop.co.uk/home/537-royal-enfield-waxed-canvas-throw-over-panniers-black.html

Iv been considering those RE canvas bags but just ordered these instead http://www.nazbags.com.au/product/canvas-motorcycle-panniers/
2020 Rav Red Interceptor (wife's bike) ,Interceptor 2019 bakers express ,  2021 Honda cb500X, 2021  euro4 Himalayan (wife's)

Rattlebattle

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 03:22:17 pm
It’s very similar to my LE Despatch though instead of my brown leather pillion pad it has soft canvas panniers. In the UK it’s priced the same as my LE Despatch was. AFAIK you can’t get the fake battery strap; it’s part of the LE kit. It mounts on brackets that aren’t there or are different on the standard bike. Making 1000 is having a laugh IMHO.
Sic se res habet: fractum est...

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 05:09:24 pm
Sod the saddlebags.
Where can I get some of that go faster yellow engine tape, that must be good for at least half a horse power, do you think it’ll be listed as an official RE accessory soon ::)
Never underestimate the value of improved combustion efficiency and reducing parasitic engine and rolling chassis losses.

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 05:14:42 pm
Sod the saddlebags.
Where can I get some of that go faster yellow engine tape, that must be good for at least half a horse power, do you think it’ll be listed as an official RE accessory soon ::)

The yellow stripe be it useless on these bikes, stems from the flying flea's use in WW2. It was for insuring the bike was level.
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 06:15:35 pm
Mine's simply prettier, but sadly no more of these old "iron bellies" will be screwed together any time soon:

One of its additional virtues is the anachronistic-seeming but unobtrusive doodad I've added to be able to plug in up to four USB devices (with a 1-into-4 splitter) and/or an olde tyme 12 volt ciggy type port for charging under that big bouncy saddle.  Chicks dig USB chargers. The fact that my pillion saddle pleasantly vibrates at speed like a wacky wabbit has no immediate bearing on this matter ("Try the rolled-up microfiber towel in the right-hand pannier, love."). On the other hand, my Quantico parking plate (not shown) good for a wave-through at the base gate to the marina possibly gives me a tad more "military" cred than most, though never having served myself...unless you count those six years in Berlin, back when she still had a wall. Whoops a butterfly just landed on my thumb here in this old Confederate Cemetery, so must go now...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:24:28 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.