Author Topic: 8,000 Miles Algready and Loving it!  (Read 5794 times)

TRider

• Bulleteer
on: August 17, 2007, 06:01:48 pm
I just read Paul Flaugher's (from Ohio) write up on THE BUZZ on this forum.  Don't know why I didn't notice it before.  What a great great article.  Thanks Paul for sharing.  Makes me feel real good about my Electra.  You made my day man.
Thanks again
Terry

Brother Rhett

• Bulleteer
  • I chase shiny objects across the internet.
Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 02:40:41 pm
I agree. It was a nice comprehensive write-up of his experience with a new Royal Enfield. For those of you that haven't seen it yet, you can  read the article here or get to it (as Terry mentioned) from our Buzz Section.

There are some interesting photos Paul sent in at the end of the article, too.
What wouldn't you not do if you didn't know you wouldn't fail?

TRider

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 08:03:21 pm
I think a follow up article would be in order, say at around 12,000 to 15,000 miles.

This is the kind of reading we should be getting from some of the famous mags, like Cycle World, Rdier, etc..  I'm convinced that your average everyday and weekend rider would rather read stories about real world riding, like Pauls, than test ride after test ride on test bikes.

Terry

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 09:09:47 pm
Couldn't agree more TRider. My favorite test articles in mags have always been the ones where they review a bike after living with it for several months. Besides, Enfield riders love to eat up miles. It's common for an RE owner to be talking about milage in the thousands, whereas there are so many riders of overly sophisticated (no personality) bikes who own them for years and don't add up the riding time I have put in during the last few months.

Velocette

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 12:36:41 am
Couldn't agree more TRider. My favorite test articles in mags have always been the ones where they review a bike after living with it for several months. Besides, Enfield riders love to eat up miles. It's common for an RE owner to be talking about milage in the thousands, whereas there are so many riders of overly sophisticated (no personality) bikes who own them for years and don't add up the riding time I have put in during the last few months.

How true, I took delivery of my 2006 electra on July 17 this year... haven't had it two months yet and I am closing in on 3000 miles real fast :) Dave

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 03:12:02 am
You've got me beat.  I am averaging only about a thousand miles a month.

TRider

• Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 06:11:42 pm
I just re-read Paul's riding article on the Electra, and I beleive I liked it better the 2nd time around more than the first.  Wonderful write-up, especially if you own an Electra.

More articles from different riders please!!!!!!

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 04:12:47 am
We generally publish those that we get.... the moral being your guys and gals need to write more stories for us to publish. If you have one send it to us at
customerservice@enfieldmotorcycles.com and we will see that it gets used. Pictures are very welcom also.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com