Author Topic: Not A Fury  (Read 2057 times)

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
on: April 26, 2018, 04:18:23 am
Greetings!

Ever had one of those projects that just gets stalled and takes ages to get it finally sorted? Yep, my big head Bullet project fell victim to life's ups, downs and distractions since it was launched.

To cut a long story short, this restoration project is at last finally staring completion in the face, with only a few small jobs to complete before the dreaded MoT test on Wednesday.

Anyone want to see a picture? No? Too bad, here it is, I present to you Not A Fury!

I am hoping for some fun with this one, it has one of Bullet Whisperer's ASBO-tuned engines...

A real Fury for comparison:

Can post some more info if there is any interest.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

grumbern

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 03:27:06 pm
Lookin good! Almost as good as the original. But, as soon as you can get your hands on a genuine seat, please get rid of that unsightly abominaion they call a repro... :o

I would sure like to compare such a bighead against a stadard bullet. Please let us know, how it goes!
I have just built one for a buddy with much bigger valves and a big Mikuni carb, Alpha shaft und high compression and it pulls like a traktor - standard head though ;)
Andreas

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 06:19:03 pm
Good luck with that MOT. Judging by the optics alone of that beautiful ride, I've just gotta believe it's gonna sail right through...

Nice work!
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.