Author Topic: Himalayan Oil Change Kits In Stock  (Read 3387 times)

Enfield Pro

• Bulleteer
on: May 09, 2018, 01:23:29 am
I went ahead and put the kit together...Introducing the Amsoil 15W/50 complete oil change kit for the Himalayan![/url] A small quantity is stock; if you have a new Himalayan don't wait to pick one of these up.
Tim
2009 G5 Military W/Sidecar
USCA #9136
REOC Member

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 10:45:57 pm
No, you definitely want to wait before using AMSOil in a new Himalayan or any other Enfield still being broken in. It's just TOO good and TOO slippery. Break in with a conventional non-synthetic for at least the first 1,000 or so miles to let everything bed in properly. You want a little wear in there at first. After that, hell yes, AMSOil is the very best engine oil by far.

I even became an AMSOil dealer just for the discount way back in the '90s (In fact, I'm still Dealer 508472), and 'cause most "swimming" Amphicars really rely on their superb water resistant grease to stay happy and healthy on land and water. For years those small "dealership" commissions kept the old Amphicar.net website's lights on at the dawn of the World Wide Web, though it's nowadays hosted as a still-useful fossil (rather like my Bullet!) on a freebie webhosting service.

Why I started using AMSOil over 20 years ago:

« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:31:51 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Morgan65

• Grease Monkey
  • USA
Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 08:09:03 am
I went ahead and put the kit together...Introducing the Amsoil 15W/50 complete oil change kit for the Himalayan![/url] A small quantity is stock; if you have a new Himalayan don't wait to pick one of these up.

Your link doesn’t work.
REs I currently own:
2007 AVL Bullet Electra Gray
2010 Bullet G5 Deluxe Black
2017 535 GT Continental Red
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green
2024 650 Super Meteor Celestial Blue

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 06:13:11 pm
The way I read the OP, they had a limited supply of the kits it was offering.

Here's the link to their store site.
You'll have to click on the Himalayan button to see what they are offering.

http://www.classicmotorworks.com/

The big problem I have with the listings on that link is it does not say which filter is for the Himalayan and which filter is for the UCE powered RE's. 
Maybe they both use the same filter but I wouldn't want to bet on it.

Hopefully, Parts Man will jump in here and tell us if the filter that shows is the right one.  I thought somewhere I read the Himalayan uses a spin on cartridge filter, not the plug in oil filter that is used on the UCE motorcycles?

Better than that, maybe someone at the store can add a description of what motorcycle each of the filters is made for?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:19:17 pm by Arizoni »
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary