Author Topic: Morgan60's first 100 Himalayan miles  (Read 1802 times)

Morgan65

• Grease Monkey
  • USA
on: May 06, 2018, 05:41:10 pm
After 100 miles in the saddle, this is my impression of my new USA edition Himalayan. First thing that’s apparent is the fit and finish. It’s as good as any Japanese bikes, and yes, I have owned them all. It has a lower CG than the Bullet, as you sit lower in the frame. It handles beautifully, very flickable. It feels like it weighs 50lbs. lighter than my Bullet, hence the lower CG. The brakes perform for what they were designed for, a duel purpose bike, with very good feel and modulation, as it should be. Even at that, I only needed two fingers to stop, using the front brake only. The motor is the smoothest single I’ve ever ridden with nice low-end torque. The EFI mapping is spot on, very smooth. The transmission shifts smooth with no false neutrals with the gears well spaced. The seat height is just right for my 28” inseam. The suspension it just right for me, on the soft side but not mushy. It handled the deep pot holes and broken pavement quite brilliantly.

Please keep in mind this is only my first 100-mile impressions riding the bike with low RPM as I’m still in the process of running in/breaking in the motor. I rode it on paved roads only but did do some very rough broken up, uneven deep potholed roads.

What I don’t like is the ambient temp shows at least 20 degrees hotter that it is. The compass needs to recalibrated. When I was headed due west it showed I was going northeast.

If you are looking for a fast bike, look elsewhere.  But all in all, it exceeds brilliantly in every thing I want it to do. It’s a fabulous little bike and I would highly recommend it to my best friend and any family members.
REs I currently own:
2007 AVL Bullet Electra Gray
2010 Bullet G5 Deluxe Black
2017 535 GT Continental Red
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green
2024 650 Super Meteor Celestial Blue

wfrpalm

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 09:48:58 pm
Thanks for sharing.