HPRE

Menu

71 Guests, 3 Users (1 Hidden)
1 Thump, Bilgemaster

Author Topic: Scottsdale, Az Dealer  (Read 216 times)

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Scottsdale, Az Dealer
« on: April 22, 2018, 01:39:49 pm »
While changing my worn out K 70 front tire for a new one the other day I noticed the front brake pads were getting pretty thin so I decided to replace them in the near future.

Figuring I should help to support the local Royal Enfield dealer.
 I called
 DOUBLE D'S PERFORMANCE
8420 E BUTHERUS DRIVE, Scottsdale, AZ 85260,
 to see if they even had any replacement pads.

Lo and behold, the guy said they did have them in stock so yesterday I rode up there and bought my new pads.  He even knew these pads are for the Bullet machines and not the CGT which shows they are learning about Royal Enfields.
I didn't ask him about parts for the Iron Barrels though.  I hate it when they stand there and give you a blank, "deer in the headlight" look.  ;D

This dealer is mainly into selling new Indian and Victory motorcycles but he does have several C5's and a black CGT.

He also has a Himalayan sitting in his showroom.  Looking it over, it seems to be one hell for stout machine and I noticed the frame welds look like they were quite heavy.  The kind of welds you get from running several passes.  They seem to have learned from their earlier frame weld problems.

Anyway, the guy said the dealership did not own that bike.  It is owned by RENA and they aren't even allowed to start it.
When asked if they were going to get any Himalayan's he said they were promised to get one or two by the end of April.  He also mentioned this sort of promise has been made before with none delivered.

When asked about the new RE twin he said they were told it should be available around the end of summer but he wasn't going to hold his breath waiting.

It's good having a dealer in the area again.  :D
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary