Author Topic: Scrambler twin?  (Read 3076 times)

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 03:19:53 pm
It's a real picture.  Don't know if it shows a real factory product, but I too like it.  ;D 

Here's a Google Translate version of the text that seems to indicate it is a product which will eventually be rolled out to the public:
A new model with great successes for ROYAL ENFIELD!
Based on the new technical base of its two-cylinder 650, it would be a SCRAMBLER with a traditional style, but that comes in two variants, winks at the lovers of the Seventies world, and those who would like a classic bike ... .British!
Because we remember that the Indian House has its roots in the United Kingdom, where among other things there is one of its Research and Development Centers.
The bike is very well sized and also suitable for European and North American customers, much more than the road sisters, a bit too ... compact, for western motorcyclists.
Suspensions, wheels and brakes of very good quality and sizing and finishes of excellent quality for a product that definitely wants to say its in the international arena.
SPORT is clearly dedicated to a younger and more trendy public, with all the finishes in satin black and the bright colors that want to postpone the atmosphere of Swinging London, the most serious and compassionate the CLASSIC, with the parts in polished metal and more suitable for a gentleman rider who loves old English motorcycles, ..... even if they are ... Indian.
We also await you on our roads!

OBIBOI.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 03:24:17 pm by AmBraCol »
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 01:04:15 am
Just another bit of wishful thinking...

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 03:55:16 pm
High pipes should go along with the high mufflers for a "scrambler".

It's actually more suited for the "desert sled" role such as McQueen did with his Triumph.

I think the basic styling is pretty nice, though. Maybe a bit too reminiscent of a BSA?
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Blairio

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 03:25:35 am
I like the look of this.  It seems pretty clear that RE have the Ducati Scrambler  in their sights - the petrol tank could be a clone.... It is a shame that one of the publicity shots wasn't from the RHS.  I would have liked to see what they did with the exhaust - how they routed the two downpipes, what the silencer looked like.

Now for my pet hate: Vestigial front mudguards drive me nuts.  I can imagine riding along a forest firepath, the soundtrack to my progress being supplied by the pinging of rocks and gravel off the (painted) crankcases and oil cooler. Genius.