Author Topic: Himalayan Owners Manual PDF  (Read 8106 times)

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
on: April 18, 2018, 11:24:09 pm
For those thinking about buying a new RE Himalayan (or anyone just curious), here is a link to the Royal Enfield site which will download the entire 160+ page Owners Manual.

https://royalenfield.com/motorcycles/himalayan/pdfs/Himalayan-Owners_Manual.pdf

I noticed it is using LED's for a lot of its small bulbs.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 02:08:22 am
Nice find and thanks for sharing. Even though I haven't made up my mind I'll enjoy reading it.
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 08:56:38 pm
Ah the BS4 one. Many thanks Arizoni. Like the Old Coot, and as much as I banged on about test rides and wanting one, the reality is probably test ride only once time and weather marry up together lol and then make my mind up.

Today would have been perfect being the hottest day in April for 70 years but was at work. Typical!

I'm not in a rush but it's good to see this version gaining traction. I did look to try and find some UK registrations but drew a blank. Perhaps I didn't try hard enough :)

I hope they don't push the price up though after a year or two and stays the bargain it is.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 09:02:36 pm by Carlsberg Wordsworth »

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 10:04:29 pm
Thanks, Arizoni!
Added to the library.
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 01:38:27 am
Watching Itchy Boots' videos has piqued my interest - I thought I'd track down the Himalyan owners manual.  I think Arizoni's link no longer works, but you can download a copy from the Royal Enfield website.

It's hilarious - if you read it in advance, you'd never buy one! It says I can't wash the bike with anything but plain water - no soap or detergent of any kind - or I'll damage the paint.  Also, no polishing, which will increase the gloss level... and damage the paint. I'm not to ride it off-road, as it's designed for "NORMAL ON ROAD USE ONLY" (their caps, not mine).  Also, I'm not to use fuel with any methanol or I'll damage the fuel system.

And, I'm only on page 12...   ::)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 12:59:22 pm
Watching Itchy Boots' videos has piqued my interest - I thought I'd track down the Himalyan owners manual.  I think Arizoni's link no longer works, but you can download a copy from the Royal Enfield website.

It's hilarious - if you read it in advance, you'd never buy one! It says I can't wash the bike with anything but plain water - no soap or detergent of any kind - or I'll damage the paint.  Also, no polishing, which will increase the gloss level... and damage the paint. I'm not to ride it off-road, as it's designed for "NORMAL ON ROAD USE ONLY" (their caps, not mine).  Also, I'm not to use fuel with any methanol or I'll damage the fuel system.

Wow, I am impressed.  :o That is even more warnings than you get in a BMW motorcycle owner's manual.  ::) Obviously, they got a former Ducati 916 owner to write the document.   ;D
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

twowheeladdict

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 02:13:17 pm

Bought mine!  I've spent more than $4500 on accessorizing some of my other bikes.  LOL! 
Full coverage insurance cost my $25 for the year, when added to my current motorcycle policy!