Author Topic: North American Rally 2018  (Read 1527 times)

royaloilfield

• Scooter
on: April 10, 2018, 03:34:10 am
New and Old Enfields welcome...The Canadians are coming!!   The North American rally flip-flops every year between Canada and US....This is our year!  Bike show,swapmeet, rides, drag races!!!

If you like old bikes(and I know you do)  the Triumph rally is the place to be.... We have a special area for all stuff Enfield..please come and join us.....Swapmeet, food, bikeshow, prizes....
http://triumphnationalrally.com/

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 03:52:36 pm
You know, I might just thump on up there from Virginia. Google says it's about a five hour drive, so figure maybe 10 the way I plod along.

Relax though: I'm not going to pre-register, 'cause if I did I can all but guarantee that rural Pennsylvania would suddenly experience its very first typhoons or maybe late June arctic blast blizzards in recorded history--perhaps a nice rain of toads. I'll just take the extra $20 hit at the gate.

Anyone else thinking of going?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:58:21 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 03:14:15 pm
Speaking of venues for get togethers, it occurs to me that every road in every direction west of Route 234 from Crosby's Crab Company, technically at 14718 Bristow Road in Manassas, Virginia, but actually well out in the hinterlands miles from the town in an ancient rehabbed filling station, is basically "Bullet Heaven" for miles and miles. You got your mild curvies, your tight twisties, with 45 mph speed limits throughout, except through a couple of tiny picturesque townlets where it drops to 35 for a bit. So even 350s wouldn't feel overstressed.  Just pleasant smooth fresh blacktop meandering every which way through the Virginia countryside, with a swell little shrimp, crab or fish lunch to wrap it all up. If anyone hereabouts wants to get together on a nice day, I could think of worse places. Just shoot me a line, and I can probably be there by the time your spiced shrimp lunch is steamed to perfection.

Turns out that on Saturday, April 28th there's going to be a Free Classic Car Show at historic Brentsville Courthouse, just a couple-few miles down Bristow Road from Crosby's. So, that's definitely worth checking out. Who knows what ancient iron might be rolling out of some of those barns.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 04:21:55 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.