aboard

Author Topic: Bullet 500 EFi 2017 Replace Tank Logo  (Read 1590 times)

Alan66

• Neophyte
on: April 02, 2018, 05:49:11 am
HI and congratulations to this wonderful RE Community.

I wonder if anyone has experience or any suggestions to actually replace the Tank Monogram of a Bullet 500 EFi 20017 with a old metal one as these were actually screwed to the tank itself..and there are beautiful out there to  make the bike stand better than with the latest lousy logo.. ( personal point of view )

Thanks

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 06:06:54 am
Double-sided sticky tape?  If the earlier metal badge doesn't conform exactly in the position you want it, you can bend it to fit by looking at it sideways.  For looks, cut the heads off some screws and glue them over the unused screw holes...

Alan66

• Neophyte
Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 09:06:58 am
Double-sided sticky tape?  If the earlier metal badge doesn't conform exactly in the position you want it, you can bend it to fit by looking at it sideways.  For looks, cut the heads off some screws and glue them over the unused screw holes...

Thanks..well looking better at the one I was aiming to apply it looks like there is no Flat backside in order to use a 'Strong' Stickytape or any specific Hi-Strength Adhesive as such, I should look to an alternative one more suitable for such a procedure  :o

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 11:08:45 am
Not so fast... the tape I have in mind is more like a very thin foam with strong adhesive on both sides - like this automotive molding tape from 3M:

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Super-Strength-Molding-Tape/?N=5002385+3293241071&rt=rud

I have a couple of those metal badges sitting on my shelf. I believe that this tape would work, even though there are portions of the badges which are ribbed - you could trim some strips for each rib on the pointy ends...

Alan66

• Neophyte
Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 01:44:43 pm
Quite a point :/ I will check as soon as I have it handy 🙂

Bmadd34

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 09:29:37 pm
Well?
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.