Author Topic: Has anyone done that Trans America or Trans Euro Trails?  (Read 92 times)

mike_bike_kite

• Scooter
The TAT is the Trans America Trail that aims to go off road from one side of the states to the other.
video

The TET is the European equivalent and is split into routes for multiple countries.
video of Spanish section

The Himalayan looks like quite a good fit but I just wondered if anyone has actually done it?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 04:11:46 am by mike_bike_kite »
2018 C5 Pegasus + NC750X + Vespa GT + Vespa GTS

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 04:16:28 pm
From the gentle sound of crickets, I'd say that's probably a "Nope."

Those in the States considering easing their Himis or what have you into that whole Napping with Sasquatch  adventuresome thing in a little less "epic" fashion than, say, jumping bail and committing to the full Transcontinental Iron Butt 5000, might do well to check out those Butler Motorcycle Maps I had described earlier in these Forums, when this new and improved model of Himalayan was first coming out. Paved or unpaved, Butler's got lots of states and regions covered. You could be winching your Himi out of some muck in no time!

"I've been waiting for Game of Thrones
to wrap up before setting off on the TAT."
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 04:26:21 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India.

mike_bike_kite

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 10:58:09 am
I guess you're right. The Himalayan does seem like an ideal bike for the trip though. I quite like the idea of the Euro version as it's split into sections which makes it more doable. Obviously I just need a Himalayan, enough free time, permission from the wife and the kids to finally leave home then I'll be all over this.
2018 C5 Pegasus + NC750X + Vespa GT + Vespa GTS