Author Topic: Australia get EFI & ABS  (Read 2078 times)

Jako

• Grand Gearhead
on: October 03, 2019, 07:17:31 am
The Himalayan is finally available with EFI and ABS  in Australia,

"Following a successful launch event completed in beautiful Byron Bay where the new Himalayan ABS EFI was put to test by the countries leading adventure riding press, we are pleased to advise that dealers across the country will receive stock of the all-new Himalayan in coming days.

The new Himalayan features Dual-Channel BOSCH ABS and Mikuni Fuel Injection (EFI) adding new levels of safety and performance to the legendary Himalayan."

Himalayan ABS EFI
Ride Away Price $7,490
2020 Rav Red Interceptor (wife's bike) ,Interceptor 2019 bakers express ,  2021 Honda cb500X, 2021  euro4 Himalayan (wife's)

snailracer

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 08:11:47 pm
why didn't Australia get the fuel injection like in the states originally?

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 10:36:14 pm
why didn't Australia get the fuel injection like in the states originally?

Maybe they got the factory leftovers.  ;)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 01:45:24 am
Crowing on about meeting the now mandatory new Australian vehicle requirements. Nice.

Besides, I seem to recall that a good deal of discussion about the Himalayan has been concerned with finding a more elegant means of disabling that ABS for better off-road tractability than just yanking out its fuse. Wake me when they really do their customers a favor by installing an off switch.

That PR flack really needs to renew his or her subscription to Grammarly  before grinding out any more press releases. That "countries leading adventure riding press" should read, "country's leading adventure riding press." The term "legendary Himalayan" also catches the eye. I like those Himis just fine and all, but "legendary"?  That's a bit overblown, don't you think? Hell, I'm pretty sure I've got cans of SpaghettiOs in the cupboard older than that model.

Hmmm...my Curmudgeon Cap is really tight tonight. Too bad it's dark. I could really go for a little screaming at kids on my lawn right now.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 02:32:07 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 02:25:55 am
Crowing on about meeting the now mandatory new Australian vehicle requirements. Nice.

Besides, I seem to recall that a good deal of discussion about the Himalayan has been concerned with finding a more elegant means of disabling that ABS for better off-road tractability than just yanking out its fuse. Wake me when they really do their customers a favor by installing an off switch.

That PR flack really needs to renew his or her subscription to Grammarly  before grinding out any more press releases. That "countries leading adventure riding press" should read, "country's leading adventure riding press." The term "legendary Himalayan" also catches the eye. I like those Himis just fine and all, but "legendary"?  That's a bit overblown, don't you think? Hell, I'm pretty sure I've got cans of SpaghettiOs in the cupboard older than that model.

Hmmm...my Curmudgeon Cap is really tight tonight. Too bad it's dark. I could really go for a little screaming at the kids on my lawn right now.

Well, I would have to say that the Himalayan Mountains are fairly legendary.   ;)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

dickim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 07:45:25 am
Australia seems to be a place to "dump" older models & spec,  especially the right hand drive cars with non current Euro regardless etc.. and we also sell diesel that is old spec giving a get out for manufacturers to say "here's the old cars as your diesel is shit! Generally on cars we are 12-18mths behind.
2020 RE 650 GT (Mr Clean)
2014 C5
56 MGA
58 Healey 3000 (Resto in Progress)
2001 MX5 
2015 Mitsubishi Ute
2021 Camry Hybrid
Tipo 184 Kit ordered & awaiting delivery for build👍

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 01:47:20 am
Pay attention, Campbell's: "SpaghettiOs - more legendary than even the Royal Enfield Himalyan!"