Author Topic: My Himalayan Adventure - Siddhartha Lal  (Read 2532 times)

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
on: March 20, 2018, 10:16:34 pm
From the thread on ADVrider was this interesting little read. Thanks to the OP as I probably wouldn't have gone looking for it and for those that haven't either:

https://royalenfield.com/usa/motorcycles/himalayan/my-himalayan-adventure/

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 01:06:09 am
Interesting link and coming from the top dog at Royal Enfield he should know what he is saying.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 01:50:58 pm
   "It was not a placid ride." was the only somewhat negative statement made.
   I appreciate that his comments were not the typical advert for a new design, rather, an honest account of his experiences and thoughts.
   The fact that the bike is purpose-built also says a lot of the thought that went into the design, and it is, I think, a triumph (no pun intended) for RE.
   The more I read, and most likely will hear from others about it the more its appeal, but retirement and already owning two bikes does put some limitations in place.  ::)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 10:07:31 pm
I still want to take a test ride. The reality is I probably won't buy but I will have satisfied my curiosity. I want to but whilst my Bullet isn't in any sense as heavily modded like other owners on this forum I have still kept an eye on everything and put money into it so I wouldn't want to trade it in. Plus I'd regret it.

For speed I have a (whilst old now) GPz500s which is more than enough for me to be honest.

The Himalayan may well be practical, but for my short commute of less than 20 miles round trip to work and having the ability to put in some bottles of wine shopping I'm thinking of a Yamaha Nmax 125 or a similar style for the "practical" ride. Plus it has somewhere to store a helmet etc when doing that small shop.

Saying that, tomorrow I'll find another argument for the 'fors and against' in my head lol.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 12:51:03 am
All I can say after riding one on dirt, pavement and freeway, - I would buy one
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com