HPRE

Menu

Author Topic: ACE Air Box  (Read 176 times)

hpwaco

• Grease Monkey
ACE Air Box
« on: February 10, 2018, 01:25:37 pm »
Bought a "spare" Spectre 4809 air filter for my ACE air box from Oreilly auto parts for $3.29.  Be careful if you do business with them.   It was out of stock, so they ordered it but didn't say anything about shipping charges.   When I went to pick it up they wanted $7.99 for shipping!   Told them they could keep it and started to walk out.  They then said I didn't have to pay the shipping charge!

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Re: ACE Air Box
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 04:44:57 am »
I'm surprised they didn't make you pay in advance...
My other wheels:www.midcoast.com/~beechhil/vielle My ISP stopped hosting all user websites, deleted them without notice!  >:( grrr...

Gremlin heads for the hills…

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 06:56:36 am »
You can buy direct from Spectre. Cost is $5.49. Buy 2 and you won’t pay for shipping. I told a sales guy there about our air box kit. The filter does not come up in their search for any particular year, make and model. Maybe they’ll add a CGT search response!

https://www.spectreperformance.com/default.aspx

hpwaco

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 10:07:59 am »
Thanks for the info about Spectre and ordering direct.   Don't know why I never thought about doing/trying that - olde age I guess!!   ACE had suggested Autozone, but my local store didn't carry/couldn't get it.  Hence the O'Reilly experience!   Now that I have a "spare" I'll probably never need it!

heloego

• I Like!
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 06:40:02 am »
   AutoZone does carry a direct replacement for the ACE can for $12.99. But it comes as an aircleaner kit:

https://www.autozone.com/intake-system/custom-air-cleaner?filterByKeyWord=spectre+4790&fromString=search&isIgnoreVehicle=false

The problem is now every time you want a replacment you're stuck with another support and chromed cover. When I found the first one the extra cover worked out nice as a replacement for the black back cover of the can. The second went on my '09 Electra AVL.
   I agree about aging  ;) . I, too, never once thought about ordering direct from Spectre  ::) ;D .
'12 C5 Classic w/Cozy Tub and EJK,
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.