Author Topic: Forum Improvement  (Read 5070 times)

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
on: January 22, 2018, 01:31:16 am
Forum improvement by subtraction of spooge

No, I have never done this before.
Yes, I am convinced this is necessary.
We have a good community here. I believe it is time to protect our community.
  It is time to let a problem person go away. This is someone who has been peculiar and under the radar. Now I believe it is time for the offensive arrogance and personalized aggression come to an end. Our brother in motorcycling, ACE, is not a “pied piper”. Posted here is a comprehensive list of posts so you can make your own decision. Some of these posts are directed to the forum members in general. Many of these comments, of contempt, were directed specifically at ACE.
I have asked our host and administrator to pull the plug on this person’s access to this forum. If you agree, please affirm here.
Regards,
Bill Gorry

Posted here is a comprehensive list of posts so you can make your own decision. Some of these posts are directed to the forum members in general. Many of these comments, of contempt, were directed specifically at ACE.

May 20, 2015
Get piston an ring from Hitchcock. Plenty to choose. All good piston and worth every bit. All you need for bullet. Avoid rest nonsense.

May 20, 2015
Love bike sound great. You use all hitckok parts. Nice to see real performance build by skilled hand  

June 4, 2015
wossner make quality piston  will give excellent service anperformance, weight not issue or of any concern. Bike will run just as good as with any piston avail bale unless racing.

June 4, 2015
wossner make quality piston  will give excellent service anperformance, weight not issue or of any concern. Bike will run just as good as with any piston avail bale unless racing.

i set clearance .139mm no exception. I machine and assembly, weight no concern unless race applicate. fit in cylindere and ring fit and gap most  critical. to close and risk of seize. Quality!

August 10, 2015
Plenty. Performance options  for motorbike not born in 2009!

October 15, 2015
you loose significant power running ring, so much so you loose race and finish last! and you feelin saddle bike much slower and just bad. more theory nonsense don't apply to 30 horsepower plodder. 

The current comments:
January 9, 2015
Triple horsepower and win any RACE entered. Go bankrupt to get there will sell like hotcakes. 

November 10, 2015
just send bike to shop with in-house dynamometer an ability to perform all of machining with flowbench computer programming complete. where aftermarket and real performance increase are to be made. the real players in performance world that do it, not send out to others.

January 19, 2015
maybe sell 4-5 heads? person buy enfield main thing is price, not to spend million dollar on cyliner head!! niche fantasy dreamworld making pretend market ready to go boom. never get past two handsfull of interest. nothing but pied piper answer to question no one asks, never will ask!  

January 21, 2018
but for site here Enfield not even a spec of sand on ocean the motorcycle world. comical talk like on cusp of biggest news ready to break  technology ground breaking! significance akin to Puch moped enthusiast shout from mountaintop!
ACE Motors - sales & administration

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 01:00:32 pm
Forum improvement by subtraction of spooge

No, I have never done this before.
Yes, I am convinced this is necessary.
We have a good community here. I believe it is time to protect our community.
  It is time to let a problem person go away. This is someone who has been peculiar and under the radar. Now I believe it is time for the offensive arrogance and personalized aggression come to an end. Our brother in motorcycling, ACE, is not a “pied piper”. Posted here is a comprehensive list of posts so you can make your own decision. Some of these posts are directed to the forum members in general. Many of these comments, of contempt, were directed specifically at ACE.
I have asked our host and administrator to pull the plug on this person’s access to this forum. If you agree, please affirm here.
Regards,
Bill Gorry

Posted here is a comprehensive list of posts so you can make your own decision. Some of these posts are directed to the forum members in general. Many of these comments, of contempt, were directed specifically at ACE.

May 20, 2015
Get piston an ring from Hitchcock. Plenty to choose. All good piston and worth every bit. All you need for bullet. Avoid rest nonsense.

May 20, 2015
Love bike sound great. You use all hitckok parts. Nice to see real performance build by skilled hand  

June 4, 2015

June 4, 2015

i set clearance .139mm no exception. I machine and assembly, weight no concern unless race applicate. fit in cylindere and ring fit and gap most  critical. to close and risk of seize. Quality!

August 10, 2015
Plenty. Performance options  for motorbike not born in 2009!

October 15, 2015
you loose significant power running ring, so much so you loose race and finish last! and you feelin saddle bike much slower and just bad. more theory nonsense don't apply to 30 horsepower plodder. 

The current comments:
January 9, 2015
Triple horsepower and win any RACE entered. Go bankrupt to get there will sell like hotcakes. 

November 10, 2015
just send bike to shop with in-house dynamometer an ability to perform all of machining with flowbench computer programming complete. where aftermarket and real performance increase are to be made. the real players in performance world that do it, not send out to others.

January 19, 2015
maybe sell 4-5 heads? person buy enfield main thing is price, not to spend million dollar on cyliner head!! niche fantasy dreamworld making pretend market ready to go boom. never get past two handsfull of interest. nothing but pied piper answer to question no one asks, never will ask!  

January 21, 2018
but for site here Enfield not even a spec of sand on ocean the motorcycle world. comical talk like on cusp of biggest news ready to break  technology ground breaking! significance akin to Puch moped enthusiast shout from mountaintop!

Why have I never read any of this crap? First I've ever heard of it.

I'm not a WOT racer boy or a stoplight dragster, but I'm very, no, incredibly, happy with my ACE/Mondello's modified AVL head and would have gladly paid more than I was charged had we known what his actual cost was going to end up being beforehand.

The Ace head work, the TM32 and a few other simple mods brought the engine closer to what it should have been from the beginning, but the great bulk of AVL buyers at that time would not pay the added cost of the factory developing and building a head such as Ace could produce.

There is a very small number of us AVL Acehead riders out there and I'll bet we are all happy. A good amount of tweaking was necessary, understood and accepted (by tweakers) to get there , but sooner or later it produced nothing but sweetness. 
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 02:09:58 pm
Problem solved. The “Boss” fixed it. The noise problem will most likely not be back.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 03:05:40 pm by Guaire »

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 02:26:27 pm
All I can say is that there is one on every forum.  :o After a while they either manage to irritate enough people to get banned or just get tired of needling everyone without enough response to be worth the effort and move on.  ;) A name like "spooge" might have been a hint of how interested he was in Royal Enfield motorcycles.  ::)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 02:29:18 pm
   I'd seen his "posts", too, but didn't feel they merited any response. As said, these cretins always end up leaving or being kicked anyway.
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 02:33:55 pm
Problem solved. The “Boss” fixed it. The noise problem will most likely to be back.

Did you really mean to say "most likely not be back"?
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 03:06:18 pm
Right.

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 10:18:19 pm
It's the know-it-all smugness AND the poor grammar and spelling that irritates me most. Dropping the definite article "the" at every opportunity as if he was gasping his last breath. Ugh.
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 02:38:38 am
Couldnt understand a damn thing it was trying to say. 
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 02:56:57 pm
AND the poor grammar and spelling

Quite possibly deliberate in this case?

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 04:18:14 pm
Quite possibly deliberate in this case?

A.
Hard to say... maybe he just wanted to piss me off.
Look, I've mostly made my peace with pretentious motorcycle forum jargon like "run" for "use" or "fabricate" instead of "make" for just two irritating examples. I guess guys just love to imagine themselves as stars in their own private action movies. Throw in a few misspellings of simple words like "break" when you mean "brake" or leave out every other word like our friend spooge  and things really start to fall apart.
Then again you have a fella like Ace, who writes authoritatively in a "plain language" style without the use of cant that keeps me coming back here.
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

hpwaco

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 05:21:21 pm
Was wondering if "Sponge" even owned  a RE and why he had an axe to grind?

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 08:34:18 pm
   Hard to tell if it was a person or a bot, due to the inconsistent use of lower and upper case or consistent lack of same, missing words, letters, etc. I've seen it both ways. In any case, the person or thing seems to be gone.

As for the use of "fabricate", it is a term I (for one) am used to using for thirty years in the Aviation Maintenance industry. Most Airframe and Power Plant Technicians ( I prefer the term "mechanic", but to each his own) are trained to use it because when we sign off maintenance that required we "make" something (a bracket or stay, for example) the term "fabricate" is correct terminology approved by the manufacturer and the FAA. (In fact, the old Bell Helicopter manuals included the term "fabricate" in their List of  Approved Terms (LOAT) in their Models 212 and 412 Maintenance Manuals). Gotta keep the FAA happy, especially when working under a Part 135 or 127 Certificate! Some of those inspectors have a real hard-on for terminology and make a point of bringing petty shit like that to our attention and calling it a "concern". Assholes. Not all, but a good many of them!  >:( So, after 30 years using that term consistently to appease the assholes among the inspectors, it comes to me and others as naturally as other mechanics using the term "make".
   The meaning is the same. Just different words.
   No pretention. No attempt to impress anyone, nor do we think we're in our own "private action movie". We imply nothing nor do we draw false inferences about those who prefer the word "make". We simply do what the regs and the inspectors require so we don't make waves for others, and it automatically carries into some of our personal lives as well.

'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 10:35:59 pm
I can't say that I am looking forward to advertising and other types of AI bots surfing the web, which is sure to occur in the future.  :(
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 01:36:08 am
I am a bit disappointed. Seems “Spooge” escaped being noticed by me. It must have been his inconsequential and boring writing style. Otherwise I might have trolled him.
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 05:24:02 am
I guess I was fortunate in avoiding Spooge.  I seem to gravitate to the more positive aspect of this forum and discussions of improvement rather than the negative.  My C5 has been a very positive experience and extremely fulfilling.  Also fulfilling has been this wonderful forum.  Thanks to all for making it what it is.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #16 on: January 27, 2018, 05:19:47 pm
I know my friend Alan Hitchcock can spell better than Spooge - so it's not him
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #17 on: January 27, 2018, 05:31:59 pm
After banning Spooge I still have banned less than the fingers on my left hand. Sometimes a member requires a gentle warning note. I give about one of those every other year and none for the past 3 years or so. He was the first person that I have ever banned without a warning. I have removed spammers but that is a different matter. It helps me when a member gives me a heads upi about a problem. d
As forums go I am not aware of one where the members are so civil and helpful.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 01:46:02 am
"so helpful"

We have to be helpful. For crying out loud, we ride Royal Enfield motorcycles!

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 04:31:33 am

So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.