Author Topic: 2018 C5 Gun Metal Grey bS4/ABS  (Read 11862 times)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 10:33:37 pm
You will find the R/R bolted on to the back of electrics box.????

Where heat from the engine will keep it nice and toasty?   ::)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 12:37:33 am
thanks all. regulator is attached to the ecu box ;)

here's what I can tell you about the bike in the first 50 miles

first off I was have a great deal of trouble starting it. it was just cranking away and failing to kick over. at times I was actually wondering if it would go or not ;D
I read on the indian forum they don't like a full fuel tank so I removed roughly 2 litres - fully charged the battery - and fitted an ngkbpr6es plug....no difference! still hard to start!
with all my bikes I've had the habit of just applying a slight bit of throttle just as I hit the starter - all had sports muffler on the start ups. i'd been doing the same with this one.
by accident my hand slipped off the throttle on start up and it started immediately. after that I started the bike several times without throttle and today after an overnight sit - it started immediately and idled away perfectly on one press of the starter button. maybe the ngk helped here too
now I have not ridden it over 40 mph but I can tell you it is a very very smooth bike to ride compared to previous jobs and is running the upgraded fueling map in the ecu. best news non of that jerky type of riding experience just a good clean smooth ride
vibration in the bike so far appears to be very low too. but the big news I think is how well they have smoothed out or refined the fueling to the motor - plus it actually feels a bit quicker in standard form

Fragman

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 01:34:53 am
That's good to hear on the smoothness of the motor on that unit wildbill. I'd be doing an oil & filter change before 500km though & have rare earth magnets on the drain plugs to help grab up any ferrous metal shavings. Let us know how much metal crap comes out at the 1st oil swap. That will help a bunch in determining RE's quality controls & machining setups as far as engine building goes.

Sure hope the beasty works out well for ye.  ;)

Nothing better than a nice putt on an RE.
It's a serene way to travel at an unhurried pace.

-2013 Classic Maroon-

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 07:01:36 am
I'm getting a bit sick of looking at them rather than riding them so I plan to ride this one ;D
I will do an oil/filter change at the 200 klm or 125 mile mark and see what we have ;)
one thing I can say it is rather nimble around the corners and changing direction. not sure if this is to do with the new swingarm or not as I though that would be more to do with the steering side BUT I have notice several times it really likes to do left right turns....LOL

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: January 13, 2018, 07:44:49 am
forgot to mention - now we are talking oil changes looking under the bike and over to where the two small bolts hold the cage type filter in place...... towards the muffler runs the master cylinder for the braking system. lucky this is not an off roader...LOL
you may also notice that the long full threaded bolt which ran east west is no longer there

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: January 13, 2018, 11:30:35 am

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #21 on: January 13, 2018, 05:34:21 pm
There must be some structual compensation for the removal of the long bolt?! :o That thing holds the whole bike together...
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: January 13, 2018, 11:04:51 pm
Nice looking bike there wildbill.

any news on what (if you have it) this little fella's doing in the pic?

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: January 14, 2018, 12:07:06 am
Nice looking bike there wildbill.

any news on what (if you have it) this little fella's doing in the pic?

This would be my bet ....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_suction_valve
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: January 14, 2018, 12:09:35 am
   Nice bike wildbill !  Handling better with that stiffer swing arm aye ?   ;D ;)
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: January 14, 2018, 11:08:19 am
either I've become a better rider in the past 3 days or its the best handling C5 I've ever been on....lol one or the other ;)

oil dropped today at roughly 130 miles or say 210 klm. slight bit of filings on the magnets and a bit of rubbish in the mesh filter

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: January 14, 2018, 05:00:12 pm
video of the bike
https://youtu.be/hji-GEv5RrY

One of the best home made videos ever. Way out front of a lot of 'pro' youtubes too. It surprised me.
  If you did not watch this video, get your headphones on and click the link. Well worth it.
  Well photographed and what a soundtrack!
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: January 14, 2018, 05:42:39 pm
Ah, thanks GHG.

wildbill, have they finally decided on tyre pressures for this model now? I also wondered if the fork fluid amount has changed?

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: January 16, 2018, 04:07:54 am
front forks 195 mils
tank 14.5 litres
tyre pressure 18 psi  front /20 pillion
tyre pressure rear 28 psi/30 pillion

up to 60 kph first 500 klm then up to 90kph next 500 klm and a bit faster after that....lol

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: January 16, 2018, 04:10:09 am
booklet also shows new swing arm info and photo etc and the abs system so its not exactly the old booklet