Author Topic: New kickstand & snow  (Read 2978 times)

pushrod

• Grease Monkey
on: January 05, 2018, 04:44:58 pm
We'll I installed the new kickstand on my Bullet to replace the one that came with it. I hated the old one, it mounted to the frame in the rear left side on the passinger foot peg mount. It stuck way out when not in use and looked like Machine gun tripod leg, but the worst part was it leaned the bike over at a unacceptable angle. So far I'm loving the new mid-mounted one although I haven't ridden with it on there yet. Dam snow and super cold temps. 
Pushrod
Yeah, times have changed, me, not so much

2000 RE Bullet
1994 Ural tourist
1959 Harley FL

CMR

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 10:00:00 pm
Where did you get kickstand ??
can you post a picture

thanks

pushrod

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 07:43:26 pm
Ok, second try at responding, I tried from an apple i-pad but it did not seem to work, so I'll try from my old crippled pc.

I bought the sidestand from an ebay seller direct from India. It cost me $16.99 US and that included shipping from India, it only took around two weeks and I'm very happy with it as it does not interfere with the centerstand  so now I have my choice of which one to use.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 01:46:47 am by pushrod »
Pushrod

2000 RE Bullet
1994 Ural tourist
1959 Harley FL

pushrod

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 07:45:41 pm
Alright that seemed to work so here's a couple more photos:
Pushrod

2000 RE Bullet
1994 Ural tourist
1959 Harley FL

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 01:44:37 am
Yes, a kickstand...any kickstand...might be a fine thing on my 2005 with its lefthand shift. If your rearward one is removable and somehow bolt-on and you're pitching it anyhow, shoot me a PM. I might be interested in trying to make it work, since I have a military model with the metal saddlebags, rack and all, and hence a lot of potential weight back there. It may not suit your bike, but a "machine gun tripod leg" might not be entirely out of character for mine.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 12:46:53 am
Where did you get kickstand ??
can you post a picture

thanks

Since I never heard back from "pushrod" about perhaps getting his old sidestand, I ordered this one from Delhi on eBay, which was also $16.99 (about a thousand Rupees) with free shipping to the USA, just as "pushrod" described. I assume it is the same one, and am hoping that it will fit onto my 2005 Bullet 500ES 5-speed "Military" without too much drama or modification. Unless I am mistaken, the same side stand is available on eBay India for about half that price, along with many MANY other rather ornate Enfield accessories, like this brass lion's claw sidestand and MANY other exotic brass Enfield doodads we don't see here in America:

So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.