Author Topic: After market LED Headlight units  (Read 27596 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 02:05:27 am
Look no further.  These Cyron intergrated LED assemblies are the real deal.  Full bulb replacement with plenty of heat sinks and built in load equalizer.  IIRC The 7" bulb produces 4800 lumens and the 5 3/4" produces 4200 lumens.  We have installed both sizes on a few different Harleys and they are amazingly bright with a very good projection.  Each has multiple LEDs at different angles that eliminates dark spots in the projection.   Thinking of installing one on the Trailblazer.  I'm not a distributer, so not trying to sell anyone anything.  Just a great product I believe in.  Any motorcycle shop that orders from Tucker Rocky can get one for you.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 04:15:16 pm
Autopal is a very old Indian company and generally makes good stuff...no surprise that your 7” light is good.

The 2.89 H4s are an amazingly good price. Let us know how they do....might have to try some myself :)

I'll definitely let everyone know.  :)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 06:16:23 pm
Those Cyron intergrated LED's better be good.

At $200 they are (in my opinion) way overpriced and the $155 Ebay price isn't any better.

They say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" but in the case of the Cyron for use on a Royal Enfield I'll just say, Ugly is a better description. :(
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 10:23:36 am
Those Cyron intergrated LED's better be good.

At $200 they are (in my opinion) way overpriced and the $155 Ebay price isn't any better.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but one does often get what one pays for.  And, just one of the cheap ones may be enough, but you'll need to figure out a way to install three of them in your headlight to match the light output of the expensive one.

On the other hand... for the price of half a cup of coffee... that cheap bulb might be worth a try at least!

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #19 on: May 21, 2018, 08:34:46 am
I'm reviving this topic because Guaire has the reliable LED bulb solution I like and heloego has the traditional 7" housing solution I like.  Gauire didn't identify what 7" housing (nacelle) he is using nor what RE he is using it on so I don't know if his solution would work on my 2016 C5 (yes I've removed the always-on jumper).  And I don't trust the reliability of the LED bulbs helego is using although I might not have a choice.

My current attempt is a CIBIE/Valeo 082440 7" housing with a Philips 12953BWX2 LED bulb (about the same length as Gauire's LED bulb).  The bulb's heat sink bumps into the speedometer cable so I can't close the headlight assembly.  An electronic speedometer replacement is not a option nor is a non-traditional integrated LED headlight like the Cyron, etc.

I've been considering adding a second headlight ring but I think it will make the RE look a bit "nosy".  Maybe the visor will help here.

So my questions are:

(1) is adding a second ring too ugly even with the visor?

(2) Guaire -- what 7" housing (nacelle) are you using on what model RE?

(3) heloego -- are your H4 LED bulbs adequately reliable?  Have they left you on a dark road far from home or could you switch to the other beam and ride home?  Or do you carry a spare?  :)
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #20 on: May 21, 2018, 09:06:25 am
Belay my questions.  At $13.75 for five, I bought heloego's LED bulb solution from eBay and will use them with my CIBIE 7" housing.  I'll carry a spare bulb in the "Oval Utility Box".  Besides, the RE is my sunshine-only motorcycle so the headlight is really only for vehicle awareness.  I'm still interested in Guaire's housing and RE model.

Ergyd

• Scooter
Reply #21 on: May 21, 2018, 10:55:43 am
Here's what I'm waiting on some funds for - hoping that the reversible heatsink will fit in my 2012 B5 easier.

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collections/headlight-led-bulbs/products/latest-3000k-warm-white-led-headlight-h4-motorcycle-hi-lo-beam-conversion-9-32v

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #22 on: May 21, 2018, 03:53:19 pm
Ergyd -- that's a nice unit at an excellent price.  Please let us know if the reversible heatsink solves the RE's depth problem.  What 7" housing are you using?

The reversible heatsink gave me an idea.  While Philips says the heatsink is to be installed in one direction (heatsink out from bulb) and one orientation (heatsink vents vertical), the heatsink can be reversed like your bulb.  I'm going to try it today.  With the back of the RE's instrument housing open to cooling air I'm thinking the bulb won't overheat.  If it fits but seems to be overheating I will try adding a small fan to reduce the still air problem.  I really like the Philips bulb on my BMW and am disappointed it doesn't fit my RE.  I'll report my findings.

I've been looking at several 7" housings.  So far the depth seems to be the same as the CIBIE's.  If I find a shorter one, I'll report that too.

Ergyd

• Scooter
Reply #23 on: May 21, 2018, 05:28:11 pm
Currently, I have the stock/standard 7" housing.

An option I'd look into if there wasn't enough room would be the wider rim from Hitchcocks:

http://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/accessory-shop/Head-Lights-and-fittings-Lighting/34284

Might help a little, without making it too 'nosey'... Anyone tried this rim?

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #24 on: May 21, 2018, 06:16:56 pm
Ergyd -- WRT Hitchcock 93566, the 10mm/0.4" width is exactly how much extra space I needed.  Of course, the 7" rim conversion I ordered from CMW is Black not Chrome. ;D  Thanks for providing another option.

Timbob

• Scooter
Reply #25 on: June 02, 2018, 08:24:25 am
 I have installed this led headlight from banggood.com.
Works well..very bright and super white.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xcnqFU2j8OHlVd9t2
2014 Classic C5
Mods
Heated grips
LED headlight
GPS Speedo
Carberry Anti Vibration Plate
19T gearbox sprocket
Screen
Half megaphone exhaust
EJK Fuel Controller
LED indicator on stalk above clock
Stainless steel braided front brake hose. ( What a difference!)
Footpegs mounted with rubber washers

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #26 on: June 02, 2018, 03:31:50 pm
Timbob -- what year and model is your RE?  Was your headlight lens already 7" or did you have to convert to 7"?  If you converted whose headlight lens did you use?  My Philips LED bulb with CIBIE lens bumped into the speedometer cable so I'm curious (and envious).

Timbob

• Scooter
Reply #27 on: June 02, 2018, 04:03:37 pm
I don't know how to put bike details in the footer of my posts...duhh

Mine is a 2014 Classic C5 with standard 7 in headlight.
I have replaced Speedo and cable with GPS Speedo so no cable now.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 04:12:16 pm by Timbob »
2014 Classic C5
Mods
Heated grips
LED headlight
GPS Speedo
Carberry Anti Vibration Plate
19T gearbox sprocket
Screen
Half megaphone exhaust
EJK Fuel Controller
LED indicator on stalk above clock
Stainless steel braided front brake hose. ( What a difference!)
Footpegs mounted with rubber washers

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #28 on: June 02, 2018, 04:33:58 pm
I don't know how to put bike details in the footer of my posts...duhh

Go to the Drop Down Menu under "Profile" in the banner above. Click on "Forum Profile". Once you look around the Forum Profile page it's pretty clear and intuitive. Good luck.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Jako

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: June 02, 2018, 11:28:35 pm
Ergyd -- that's a nice unit at an excellent price.  Please let us know if the reversible heatsink solves the RE's depth problem.  What 7" housing are you using?

The reversible heatsink gave me an idea.  While Philips says the heatsink is to be installed in one direction (heatsink out from bulb) and one orientation (heatsink vents vertical), the heatsink can be reversed like your bulb.  I'm going to try it today.  With the back of the RE's instrument housing open to cooling air I'm thinking the bulb won't overheat.  If it fits but seems to be overheating I will try adding a small fan to reduce the still air problem.  I really like the Philips bulb on my BMW and am disappointed it doesn't fit my RE.  I'll report my findings.

I've been looking at several 7" housings.  So far the depth seems to be the same as the CIBIE's.  If I find a shorter one, I'll report that too.

Bert In Australia we would call you an ideas man , your always working on something interesting ☺ https://youtu.be/4Lrbw4-vkFM
2020 Rav Red Interceptor (wife's bike) ,Interceptor 2019 bakers express ,  2021 Honda cb500X, 2021  euro4 Himalayan (wife's)