Author Topic: Rod Copes interview  (Read 2768 times)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
on: December 13, 2017, 10:21:19 pm
An interesting and positive (naturally) interview.  The two new 650 models and the Himalayan are mentioned as being imported into NA next year, but the "legacy" models are not discussed as being sold next year in the U.S. I suppose that they just aren't worth mentioning, not being all that interesting and exciting anymore to RENA:  ???  http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/royal-enfield/interview-rod-copes-president-of-royal-enfield-north-america.html
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 11:57:44 pm
The tone of the article is classic Rod Copes. Here is what I can tell you about him. He is one of the most honest and straightforward men I have ever met. In my extensive dealings with him during the transition from CMW to RENA his word was his bond. He is a stand up guy which makes me feel a lot better about leaving the brand after all of those years. Notice that he freely admits they were a bit too ambitious at first. What other CEO (besides me :) ) would say that publicly? My opinion (and remember I don't have a dog in this fight anymore) is that RE has a bright future in the US.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com