Author Topic: A Bloody Black Friday  (Read 1959 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
on: November 28, 2017, 12:39:53 am
Being the professional walking accident that I am, I done jacked myself up again at the track on Friday.  This time, in the clumsiest and stupid way.  Was getting on my bike to run to a porta potty, lost my balance kicking, bout slipped off the kicker, and as soon add my boot disappeared......  Well, the kicker went an inch deep into my calf muscle.  Ended up with 3 internal stiches, and 3 external stiches.  Finally walking normal again today.  I tell ya, I'm clumsier than a 3 legged elephant.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Grant Borden

• It's Time to Ride!
  • Grease Monkey
  • It's Time To Ride!!!
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 01:12:11 am
I’m very impressed at your ability to recover so quickly from your accidents, at my age of a very young 73, it now takes four times as long to recover as it did when I was your age. Be more careful or you will one day, way to soon, be unable to ride two wheels.

Grant
2016 Royal Enfield Continental GT
2014 Royal Enfield C5 With Cozy Euro Sidecar

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 01:44:39 am
I'm just genetically accident prone.  I get it from my mom.  She's in her late 60's and still injures herself on a regular basis too.    ;D

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 10:44:56 am
Scottie - I, too, would admonish you about being more careful... but I know there's no point!  ;D. Your latest avatar pic says it all.

Hope you're well otherwise...

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 12:21:43 pm
Scottie - I, too, would admonish you about being more careful... but I know there's no point!  ;D. Your latest avatar pic says it all.

Hope you're well otherwise...

And my wife, my boss, my kids.  LoL

I've actually been great lately!  Absolutely love working in the motorcycle industry.  I've been much happier and less stressed than I was turning wrenches.  Of course, it really helps that I have a boss who truly appreciates my hard work And actually tells you "good job" or even "great job today" when you totally kill it.  I'm making a lot less money, but way happier.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 01:54:02 pm
   Glad you're up and about again!
   And as long as you can get up and look forward to going to work (and healthy enough to do it), you're definitely in the right place!  ;D
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.