Author Topic: Retirement VS A Good Ride  (Read 1373 times)

Grant Borden

• It's Time to Ride!
  • Grease Monkey
  • It's Time To Ride!!!
on: November 21, 2017, 01:45:00 am
Before I retired there were dream, good dreams of riding my bikes at least 30,000 miles a year. While working there was rarely enough time to ride more than 20-25k a year. I also planned to build a small garage to house my bike with enough room to service them, I did manage the garage and with  a wide screen TV, Stereo system, office with a bathroom, just absolutely have time to use it because of a single statement I made.

Did I ever make a huge mistake, shortly after retiring, said , to the wife to make a list of a couple of things she wanted done, now that I'm retired I would have gobs of time to do them between riding, building a man cave/garage for my toys.

On returning home a day or two later from a short 200 mile ride I was presented with a 1000 sheet toilet paper roll (she people multi-task in the bathroom) with just a few honey do's she said. The 1000 sheets were all used for the list, there were about ten items per page for the first 100 pages, then the number per page increased.

Long story short, after more than ten years of retirement I finally finished the second page. Not a whole lot of time available between riding and building a small building for honey do's.

I actually built the building, the building grew in size every time I heard complaints about that infamous list, it's still growing, I still hear complaints about that list nothing completed, with every complaint I find something needing to be done to my shop.

At present it is 52' X 32'.

Grant
2016 Royal Enfield Continental GT
2014 Royal Enfield C5 With Cozy Euro Sidecar