Author Topic: Mirrors  (Read 2074 times)

Ragabob

• Scooter
on: November 19, 2017, 05:53:21 am
Hi All,
On my 2016 Classic chrome 500, the bar ends screw into something inside the bar, which is securely fixed so I cannot install weighted bar end mirrors.
Anyone know a way around this please or does anyone know if these Napoleon APT101 mirrors will fit.
Thanks Bob

tracendaz

• Scooter
  • Living the dream!
Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 08:39:21 am
Hi Ragabob,
I bought some inexpensive Napoleon style black mirrors from a well known internet-based auction site, and used an angle grinder to take off the bit that normally sits inside the handlebars.  I then used a long bolt to mount them outside the existing bar weights.  IIRC, I put a star washer between the mirror and the weight to stop the mirror drooping (it hasn't).
Hope this helps, Tracendaz.
2015 Classic 500 Battle Green.

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 08:47:09 am
The Baren bar end is the best, in my opinion.  I have had them on my C5 for over 11,000 miles with no problems.  I had to use a bit longer bolt when installing.  Other than that, a simple job.  Vast improvement in rear vision.  Install them and (pardon the pun) don't look back.

Fragman

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 01:29:06 am
Hi Ragabob,
I bought some inexpensive Napoleon style black mirrors from a well known internet-based auction site, and used an angle grinder to take off the bit that normally sits inside the handlebars.  I then used a long bolt to mount them outside the existing bar weights.  IIRC, I put a star washer between the mirror and the weight to stop the mirror drooping (it hasn't).
Hope this helps, Tracendaz.

I did the same mod to get my archer style mirrors on to my C5 as well. They haven't budged
since installing them 10,000 kms ago.  :)
Nothing better than a nice putt on an RE.
It's a serene way to travel at an unhurried pace.

-2013 Classic Maroon-

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 07:01:34 pm
Hi All,
On my 2016 Classic chrome 500, the bar ends screw into something inside the bar, which is securely fixed so I cannot install weighted bar end mirrors.
Anyone know a way around this please or does anyone know if these Napoleon APT101 mirrors will fit.
Thanks Bob
Clever looking mount job - but I'd only see my shoulders, & need them further apart.  These wide angles work for me real well.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:03:38 pm by Craig McClure »
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

krusty

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 08:23:13 pm
I have the Halcyon round mirrors fitted to my 2016 C5. They are top quality and fit the standard bars. They screw into the threaded plugs.
I got mine from Hitchcocks. There are two options on H's site, one for plane bars and one for the C5 bars with the insert.
Krusty

2015 RE Continental GT - Black
2016 RE Classic 500 - Lagoon Blue