Author Topic: Better engine refinement from riding after a short break ?  (Read 2077 times)

Balaji

• technophile and a wannabe petrolhead
  • Scooter
Before you call me crazy , please hear me out .  :P
Let me try to explain. Say I ride for a while and then take a short break.When I resume the ride again from stop , the engine revs very freely ,I feel drastic improvements in engine refinement but for a very brief period of time ( like 30 seconds) and then it gets back to what it was , little rough and vibey.
I have always felt this but never understood why , thought I was making this up in my mind until my buddy told me the same.
Could it be related to the engine oil circulation ? If I could find out why , I may find possible ways to extend that elevated level of refinement through out the ride.
The thump keeps me alive

motomataya

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 07:14:15 pm
Maybe the fuel injection in going to a richer colder engine mode. Just a thought.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 10:59:41 pm
Before you call me crazy , please hear me out .  :P
Let me try to explain. Say I ride for a while and then take a short break.When I resume the ride again from stop , the engine revs very freely ,I feel drastic improvements in engine refinement but for a very brief period of time ( like 30 seconds) and then it gets back to what it was , little rough and vibey.
I have always felt this but never understood why , thought I was making this up in my mind until my buddy told me the same.
Could it be related to the engine oil circulation ? If I could find out why , I may find possible ways to extend that elevated level of refinement through out the ride.

Oh... what the hell, I'll go down the Rabbit hole on this one.  ;D        Or perhaps... something is heating up?  Metal and rubber expand, bad seals , leaks at connections and seats and what not ?    Ummmmm....  ?      Is your bike an export bike ?  Does it have an o2 sensor ?
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

dginfw

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 05:03:45 am
Indian domestic market bike? Carburetor or fuel injection?
If injected maybe its going back to open loop once the igniton is turned off then switches back to closed loop after a preset amount of time?
Dave in TX:   '01  W650- keeper
                    '12 C5 military -sold
                    '14 Continental GT-  sold
                    '06 Iron Barrel Bullet- Ace Clubman mods

Balaji

• technophile and a wannabe petrolhead
  • Scooter
Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 06:45:59 am
Both the Indian domestic 500 with no o2 sensor and the carbureted 350 experience this. Mine is a 2016 one and his bike is from 2013. We are quite "bamboozled" on why this happens. I am definitely not trolling in here.
The thump keeps me alive

Rattlebattle

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 02:29:54 pm
Well, I've fitted a carb to my C5. I can't say I've noticed what you describe but my guess is that when the engine is left warm there is a degree of fuel evaporation. When the engine is started it runs a little differently for a while until the normal fuel flow is resumed. Only a guess, mind....
Sic se res habet: fractum est...