aboard

Author Topic: 650 twin  (Read 11397 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Leonard

  • Grand Gearhead
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,288
  • Karma: 0
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #120 on: December 19, 2017, 09:47:37 am
It seems like each generation does complain about the generation behind them. As an employer and businessman for decades I would disagree with that assessment. Most of my peers complain about not being able to find young people who want to "work". I think that has always been true regardless of the generation. It is no better or no worse than it ever was. On the same note there are many young people who want to work hard, excel, grow, keep learning, take on responsibility etc. As an employer it is also your job to nurture those folks.

I have also found that if someone looks like they fell face first into a fishing tackle box, has long hair, short hair etc. it doesn't matter as a predictor of being a decent employee. (I do draw the line at facial tattoos).

The young folks that are the idiots that demand "safe spaces", want to stifle free speech etc. it too shall pass. It won't be long till they are grinding it out like the rest of us. No different from the Jane Fondas etc. of my generation. One can only hope that unlike Jane Fonda you don't do something terribly foolish while you're young that will follow you the rest of your life.

Sometimes I wish this was all on Facebook so I could give a "Like".  Well put Kevin.  :)
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com


dickim

  • Bulleteer
  • ***
  • Posts: 245
  • Karma: 0
Reply #121 on: January 02, 2018, 09:14:39 am
Couldn't agree more with Kevin, in my years as a professional photographer, as head of dept & then my own business, as long as they looked respectable and good manners with clients that was No1. Now having been a photography lecturer for seventeen years I am amazed at the quality of the "Young" we get through our hands - Bloody Good and great attitude from 70% (with the other 30% dropping out after a semester when they realise it's not just "shooting") and I have more issues with mature students who's attitude of "close enough is good enough" usually ends up with a fail from me ! Now on the "Hipsters" we have lots here in Australia, but not that many relating to bikes - more the clothes, beard, haircut etc......litle (or BIG) clones of each other - just as we had in the 60's, 70's, 80's etc.... but having just returned from Taipei I did snigger when I saw "Hipster" on a Chinese 185cc single chopper style bike, a real talent for just taking a trendy word and putting it on ANYTHING  ;D


cstorckiii

  • Bulleteer
  • ***
  • Posts: 135
  • Karma: 0
  • In tune with the ancient line of Moto
Reply #122 on: January 25, 2018, 06:22:35 pm
With all the centuries of collected motorcycle wisdom on this forum, I can't be the first person to realize this bike only looks odd because the primary is on the wrong side.
With a 500cc Bullet under your ass, the world is in your fist.


Carlsberg Wordsworth

  • Grand Gearhead
  • *****
  • Posts: 530
  • Karma: 0
Reply #123 on: March 20, 2018, 05:20:42 pm
Seemed a good as a place as any to say I'm going for a second look.

The twins will be at a local Kawasaki event on Friday with the release of the 900RS and HX2.

Could be time to book that Himalayan test ride whilst I'm there but that's a different story.



ace.cafe

  • Grand Gearhead
  • *****
  • Posts: 12,948
  • Karma: 0
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #124 on: March 22, 2018, 06:50:08 am
With all the centuries of collected motorcycle wisdom on this forum, I can't be the first person to realize this bike only looks odd because the primary is on the wrong side.
I think it has been mentioned  before.
It's just one of the things that have been noticed. 


Carlsberg Wordsworth

  • Grand Gearhead
  • *****
  • Posts: 530
  • Karma: 0
Reply #125 on: March 23, 2018, 05:34:18 pm
I have to say, the seat felt a lot harder than I remember from back in November.

I can't remember how my feet felt on the floor now and it was only 3 hours ago lol.

Ergonomically felt nice though.

*edit*

didn't ask the price but overheard uk price of £6000.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 05:36:23 pm by Carlsberg Wordsworth »